Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What I got done this wknd,what about you? >

What I got done this wknd,what about you?

What I got done this wknd,what about you?

Old 02-13-2012, 05:05 PM

Threw a party for 65 people at my home. There was no sewing at my house this weekend. Maybe next weekend...
Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 PM

Would like to see a pic of the Crow table runner.
Sounds like you guys were busy!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:46 AM

I finished a block of the month top -Patriots in Petticoats - I hope to get it sandwiched next week. I also am working on a log cabin, braid quilt and a couple of others. Getting caught up is a challenge but no new quilts until the tops are done!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 AM

I only got some of a binding done on a table runner this weekend. I hope to hem some fun pants tomorrow night and finish the binding Thursday.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 AM

You have been busy! I love your rag quilt. I didn't get as much done as you did. I got all the strips sewn together for a jellyroll 1600 quilt and got the first 4 seams together before I had to quit because it was getting late. I didn't get to start it till aroind 9:00 pm. Weekends are a zoo around here. Didn't get back into the sewing studio yesterday---laundry, cooking and household chores got in the way. Have an appointment this morning, but hope to get back to my jellyroll quilt this afternoon. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of your quilting?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Banned

Wow, you were busy. Love the rag quilt.
I made an adorable dress for my grandbaby. I am slow walking back into sewing. I am wanting to do a rag quilt next. I love the flannel rag quilts for cold winter nights in the recliner.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 AM

LOL, I don't take shopping lists to town with me like I should. I had a bridal shower to attend Sunday a bit after noon. Well, in my usual haphazard manner, I discovered I didn't have wrapping paper or a card or anything-----------and shopping was too far away.

So, I pulled out a bolt of drapery fabric that I had no use for and whipped up a shopping bag between Sunday Mass and the noon time shower. And to add to the "no wrapping paper" problem, I had one item that could be simply dropped into the bag but the second wouldn't do right just dropping it in. Thank God---and I mean THANK GOD! a simple solution came to mind. I took the inner bag out of a cereal box and clipped it shut and put it back into the pantry. The cereal box became the wrapper for the 2nd gift. Actually quite fitting IMO. I now had two items that you might pick up in the store---------and a shopping bag to put them in! It was a hit with everyone!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:03 AM

This coming weekend is our Guild's retreat, and there will be 60 of us having a blast in Homer, AK! I'm sure many of us have high aspirations of getting stuff done over there. Besides the Storm at Sea demo, there's a retreat quilt that could be made, or we could work on all our UFO's. OR shop! OR both!!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 AM

I had planned on two whole days of sewing but my sewing machine was not cooperating. Told me every 5 min to check tension. Finally gave up and cleaned house instead. Boy did the house need it. Good to have it done but not as fun as sewing. Took my machine in first thing yesterday morning for service. Hopfuly will have it back by
Friday so I won't lose another week-end of sewing.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM

I worked most of the weekend, 12 hour days. Therefore, I wasn't able to sew at all! I did get a lot (~25) green heart blocks completed for my dd's quilt. I have most colors completed. A few more green and all of the purple left to do. DD will have a very colorful heart quilt when it's finished. I'm a long way from that though.

I've made many rag quilts. I complete the whole quilt like you do, then snip. Only I leave the quilt set up on an ironing board by the bath room. I make a rule that every time I pass it, I must snip at least 2 sides of one block. Usually I get to snipping and lose track of time and end up snipping a whole row before I realize it! Have a great Valentine's Day!