Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What I got done this wknd,what about you? >

What I got done this wknd,what about you?

What I got done this wknd,what about you?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 AM

Since I teach sewing on Sat. aftns now, I don't get very much done on weekends.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful rag quilt, nice colors. I sewed some quilt pieces together this past weekend, still sewing more.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 AM

Nice rag quilt, I really like the dots. I was not as productive at the sewing machine. Did finish a name tag for my guild, it has only been 2 years since I did the front piece. I spent some time hand quilting in the evening in front of the TV.

I did get 2 rose bushes transplanted and some laundry done. My big accomplishement was to get 3 speakers lined up for guild. I have been procrastinating and so this was a good start. Just 3 more to figure out and get locations for workshops reserved.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM

I started to clean my sewing room this weekend, then ended up resorting my fabrics and made such a mess I'm still not done!! Hopefully I'll finish today so I can get back to sewing!!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM

The quilt looks warm and inviting.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 AM

I made a tied quilt to give to our local rehab center.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Actually, I was thinking I was going to have an afternoon full of FMQ on my bed wuilt for a show. Hmmm. Somehow I forgot(?) that the gal I see about every week at church is about to give birth! Not until another lady wrote me an email about the new baby basket that we give to new parents, that I realized the quilt in that basket is what I do!! Geeish. So I spent Sunday afternoon making a new project instead of finishing other projects.
Man oh man, senior moments are catching up to me.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM

Didn't get much done over the weekend. I lost Saturday. Couldn't tell you what I did LOL Even my pills and the dogs pills were in the pill cases.
Sunday went to brunch at Crocs. Interesting and very fun brunch the food was good too.
I did get two panels halfway put together for wall hangings in my bedroom, we won't even mention the FMQ on the borders. Just lets say when I look at them I am going to take my glasses off and they will look fine. :-)
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM

Finally finished a DP9 for my 79 year old cousin in California. There were 5 of us cousins all 2 years apart and we all grew up together as we lived close to each other. There are just 4 of us now as our only boy cousin passed away in 1999. We have such great memories of our childhood and have remained so close. We are now 81, 79, 77, and 76.

I washed it, dried it and got it wrapped last night. Now just have to have my GD mail it for me. Am starting on another one for another cousin tomorrow....keeping busy.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 PM

Saturday was the first hands on session of a free quilting class I'm teaching for some ladies at church. We met the previous week at JoAnns and I showed them how to read labels, some good ruler choices and some that are a waste of $$, helped them pull fabric, etc. It's going to be 'slow-going' as about half the class is 70 plus years young. I'm getting a little creative figuring how to compensate for weaker hands and physical limitations ... including mine with rotary cutting. I realized my hands don't work like they did even 5 years ago and I just turned 59. I hope I'm as agile as they are at their age!

It's going to be fun and that was the whole point in doing this. I do have one student much younger than us and she's way ahead of the rest of the class but since the class is small, it's not going to be a problem to keep everyone going at their own level.

The rest of the weekend was spent putting my sewing room back together after trashing it pulling out all kinds of rulers and notions and rotary cutters, bobbins, iron, ironing surface, power strips, cutting mats, etc. I felt like I was opening my own quilt store at the church! I sent some pictures of my room to my students showing the mountain of fabrics I had pulled from every little hidey hole they were stored in to make another sample quilt while trying to find that 'one more fabric' to pull together the quilt. It's still a mess but at least I can walk around the room fairly well without stepping over fabric!