Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What I learned today!

Time for a doggie gate! About time for special training for her. You will be in trouble if she figures out how to flush! lol that would be expensive. She is sooo cute. Love those ears.

To the whomever asked: yes, my DH puts the seat and lid down 99.9% of the time. It is usually that .1% that I go in the middle of the night and sit where one shouldn't. I told him if he didn't want me to tie 'it' in a knot, he better never leave it up again. Bless his heart, he reallly does do well.

Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    Time for a doggie gate! About time for special training for her. You will be in trouble if she figures out how to flush! lol that would be expensive. She is sooo cute. Love those ears.

To the whomever asked: yes, my DH puts the seat and lid down 99.9% of the time. It is usually that .1% that I go in the middle of the night and sit where one shouldn't. I told him if he didn't want me to tie 'it' in a knot, he better never leave it up again. Bless his heart, he reallly does do well.
    wvdek........the training is in progress and actually is going very well. This is our 3rd shepherd over the past 20yrs and in comparison, she's very bright but wow is she an independent spirit! Her personality makes everything we do with her fun....even the training. Our 7yr old shepherd is a male and everything with him was very relaxed and laid back. Just his personality.
    And you know.....that same threat worked wonders for my son and husband too! They didn't want any threats being made towards "it"!

Quote Originally Posted by tula
    what pattern is the quilt in the pic? I love it! Sorry you had to go thru this. I would banish the bad boys from my area!
    Tula....the pattern is called an Amish Wedding Ring. I found it in a book titled Encyclopedia of 101 favorite quilting patterns. There is another post on this board about the quilt pattern and unfortunately I'm not able to post/share the pattern on here because of copyright issues. Others have done a search looking for the pattern on-line and weren't able to find it :(

thanks so much! Will look at library and ask some quilting friends if they have the book!

I'm sorry that happened, but it made me laugh out loud to see your pictures....I'm a sucker for the 'sad eye' look as well! :)

Blog Entries
    Not only close the lid, but when you do go in there, look before you sit and tell everyone else to do the same.
    LOL.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt! I'm sorry that it happened to you, but glad it made you post pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    Not only close the lid, but when you do go in there, look before you sit and tell everyone else to do the same.
    LOL.
    That is soooo funny! My point exactly.....didn't anyone see that marrow bone in there when they sat down????? I am grinning from ear to ear :)

HI Lori: Be very happy that you took a picture before your son came home. Remind the men to put the cover down.....

Your quilt will be beautiful. I hope you dont have to take too long in getting it all back together.

Blog Entries
    I must admit I would have been really upset with your son but heck, your puppy is a German Shepard which is the very first breed we owned so they can do no wrong in my book. Are you SURE he dropped it in the john and not your son :-)

i came home from work one day & my ddil told me the dgs had pulled over my design board... (i rigged it out of a couple of old cubicle walls... he didn't hurt himself, which he could have, it is heavy...

now i always take a photo!

sorry but i had to laugh, for a change it wasn't me!!

Sorry!! But...atleast you have the photo you posted to use as a guide. Imagine if you really had to stand there and try to figure it all out again. I'll be thinking of you.

At least they didn't mean to do any damage. Since you have the picture, I think your son could put it back together or at least help. Your dog looks sorry for what he/she did, I'd let her/him off. She/he looks young.

Oh, I forgot. Beautiful quilt, I really like the colors and the pattern. Your doing a great job and just think of the story you will have to tell about "when you made the quilt" and then you can laugh about it.

Oooooooooooh! Ouch! You have my sympathy!

Aren't you glad you took the picture of your quilt design BEFORE the fan went on? At least you have a guide to getting it back the right way. Guess who forgot to take the picture before the kids came to visit? I have a great deal of error making experience!

When we got our first kitten, i got in the habit of putting down the lid. i was afraid she would fall in and drown. now i think it looks so much better that way-besides the one time that i didn't-i think i was going to clean it-i dropped something and it knocked my toothbrush out of the cabinet and you got itRIGHT into the toilet!!! oh yuck! and it was an electric one so i threw the head away and totally disinfected the handle!
    Your quilt is beautiful and i'm glad that you had a before picture!

Dee
    It's a good thing you have a picture of the lay out before the fan.

Power Poster
    Oh no but they both seem cute.

When you get the pieces rearranged and sewn, the quilt will be gorgeous. Do send progress pics. And that pup is too cute. How can anyone be mad at such a sweetie. Keep the toilet lid down. That's a rule in our household.

Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia

From MN, living full time in our Motor Home
    Beautiful quilt! Naughty puppy and as for your son.....Oh, well, these things do happen ( to quote the diva from Phantom of the Opera!)

will be beautiful. sorry doggy didn't know better.

Thanks everyone for the sympathy and when the check to the plummer clears the bank.....I'll laugh with you :) And Roberta....we're positive it was the puppy and not the son.....son was back in RI....or I'd of tried blaming it on him too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast