Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What I learned today!

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Oh No!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have the answer for the puppy and the potty....ALWAYS keep the lid DOWN on the potty...your men can learn to do this too( mine have)...I have dogs that will get a drink, and a cat that loves to play in water.....and there is ALWAYS the change that something can get dropped into an OPEN potty........besides, I just HATE the way an OPEN potty looks.......YUK

Blog Entries
    You could rename your quilt "Tumbling Blocks" and have an inside joke about it!! My MIL fell into a toilet with the lid left up when she was greatly preggers, FIL felt so terrible about having left the lid up that he made it a
    RULE in their house that the lid always got closed. My DH learned well!!!

LMAO you guys are way to funny...I really needed the laugh~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would have my son working the design board, and be keeping my bathroom door shut. God bless. Penny

According to Chinese Feng Shui, you must always put the toilet lid down. If you don't, you will be flushing your money away. It was certainly true in your case!

O Lori, I had such a big laugh when I read this. I can just imagine what your reaction was. The other day one of our quilting group's ladies put her batting on a table and laid out all her baby blocks for us to see. It didn't took her very long, because she packed the blocks in sequence at home. Now this batting was hanging down from the table and as soon as she was finished, she turned around to tell us how difficult it was to find the right sequence. While she was talking I saw the batting started to slide down from the table at quite a speed and all I could do was start screaming and everybody turned towards me to see what was going on and nobody looked at the "quilt" on the table. I just showed with my finger to the table and when the lady turned around, all the baby blocks laid scattered on the floor! We were all hilarious by that time. She picked every block up and said that now we can wait and the next time we saw the quilt was when it was finished! Hope you feel better.

At least your puppy didnt eat your blocks my shepard would have. ;)

Oh my! The "before" pic looks lovely though.

Bren

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon
    At least your puppy didnt eat your blocks my shepard would have. ;)
    Nope.....that's something my chocolate lab would do though! :)

Blog Entries
    Dear Lori,
    Thank you for sharing the challenges you have had to deal with. Hard lessons but hopefully, others will be able to learn. Are you at a point where you 'can' laugh about it now? :-D

Ok, I gotta ask. I noticed that recently many quilters have learned how to sign their name that shows up when they post. Where did you learn this? It looks so cool?

Awwwwwwwwww what a sweet dog.....he will give you many years of love and loyalty...maybe protection...worth more than the plumbing bill. I cant guarantee the same from your son though ROFL (just teasing). Sorry about the grief.

Blog Entries
    The heat/ac vent kept blowing my blocks off my design wall.
    DH took the vent cover off an turned it around so the air went the opposite direction. I can imagine what a fan would do!

A few years DGD put a large dog marrow bone (not rawhide) in the toilet and flushed! The plumber, my brother, said it will dissolve, just leave it alone. After a few days the toilet flushed just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Dear Lori,
    Thank you for sharing the challenges you have had to deal with. Hard lessons but hopefully, others will be able to learn. Are you at a point where you 'can' laugh about it now? :-D

Ok, I gotta ask. I noticed that recently many quilters have learned how to sign their name that shows up when they post. Where did you learn this? It looks so cool?
    Another poster, Annete1952 helped me out with the same thing cuz I loved the signature thing too! Go to
    http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_1.php and follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The heat/ac vent kept blowing my blocks off my design wall.
    DH took the vent cover off an turned it around so the air went the opposite direction. I can imagine what a fan would do!

A few years DGD put a large dog marrow bone (not rawhide) in the toilet and flushed! The plumber, my brother, said it will dissolve, just leave it alone. After a few days the toilet flushed just fine.
    BellaBoo....I gave it 5 days......5days of not having the main bathroom in my house.....couldn't wait any longer (I really had to pee!:) ) LOL Maybe if I'd been patient, it'd have dissolved on it's own, but patience is NOT one of my virtues.

Someone once said "you can't fix stupid!" You were lucky to have the expensive fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori L
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter1
    How can you get mad at those ears!! LOL
    They are great ears aren't they? :)
    \
    Yes his ears are perfect. I have owned several shepards and if the ears don't go up by that age they will always be floppy.
    Love the quilt.
    I had also put up my entire quilt went to bed and the next morning it was all on the floor!!!
    Soooo sad.

:cry:

Please post your Beautiful Quilt whenever you get it done! It sure is a pretty design!

Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    Oh, they didn't mean to - they are sorry. Look at that precious face! So sorry your pattern got mixed up. Don't you just hate going back and doing the same thing over again after all that work!? Big Hugs for all of you. :-)

Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
    Hate to point this out but, if DH won't put the seat down, how are you going to get the dog to do it ??
    Yes it's late....lets try that again.

Does any one have luck getting seats down much less lid???

Good Night !! :)
    No!!!! Four sons and a husband - have only fallen in twice but that was more than enough. I'm so trained to put the seat down when I go in, that last week I put everything down and sat on the lid - Boy, what a surprise! After all these years, it still isn't any different and not likely to change. I keep the lid down so the dogs won't drink out of there, but never once thought about them depositing something.

Quote Originally Posted by jals loves to quilt
    Someone once said "you can't fix stupid!" You were lucky to have the expensive fix.
    I have the t-shirt that says "you can't fix stupid". LOL Didn't think when I bought the shirt it pertained to me though :( We'll chaulk this one up as a learning experience......an expensive learning experience.

Hmmm well you have a picture of how it should look. Couldn't you have him put it back together again? While you are at it maybe call the electrician and have that fan dissabled. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Hmmm well you have a picture of how it should look. Couldn't you have him put it back together again? While you are at it maybe call the electrician and have that fan dissabled. :thumbup:
    Annaquilts.......I'm in the process of placing it piece by piece by piece back onto the design wall using the photo. For some reason, it seemed to go up easier the first time LOL About having that fan disabled........I would, except it's been so unusually hot here in Maine for the past 2 weeks we couldn't live without the fans. And....no need for an electrician......even I can figure out how to unplug the thing :)

Are both in the dog house now? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mygirl66
    Are both in the dog house now? LOL
    yes......and it's getting a little bit crowded in there. Not sure who to let out first :)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast