Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What I'm good at / what I'm bad at >

What I'm good at / what I'm bad at

What I'm good at / what I'm bad at

Old 12-02-2023, 06:21 AM

I'm good at drawing out designs and quilt math.

I'm pretty good at organizing stuff.

I am awful bad at cleaning up and putting the stuff where it is supposed to go
Old 12-02-2023, 06:24 AM

I’m good at choosing fabrics/colors for my quilts. I’m bad at being creative. I’d much rather follow a pattern. I’m more a technician than an artist.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:47 AM

My sewing room is a disaster. I'm a hoarder.
Had some kind of stroke (doesn't show up on the MRI) in July, so not feeling like I'm good at anything right now.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:50 AM

Quilted Sunshine, you are good at collecting fabric. And you will make the sun shine again!
Old 12-02-2023, 09:10 AM

I’m known for unusual fabric choices that work fabulous together. I’m bad at follow-the-leader therefore Veteran’s quilts are boring.

I don’t fit in a box. Just the opposite, I’m good at thinking outside the box and being creative.

I’m trying to be thankful. For the things I’m bad at, there’s an instance that can be used for good. And the flip, if I’m really good at something, I’m learning to recognize the value of the opposite; example is unusual creative color choices provoke thinking and can be mind boggling whereas traditional color choices can be soothing.

Healing takes a lot of energy. Allow yourself to rest. And celebrate the victories.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:29 AM

I'm very good at following the latest "shiny object". I see a quilt, fall in love, gather/buy fabric, get pattern....wait...here comes another one, and the process starts again. Got derailed in early November by Covid, with DH getting it two days later. We are both still not back yet, but hope to be by Christmas. This has given my plenty of time to think, plan and slowly reorganize. Hopefully 2024 will be the year to re-evaluate each shiny object and decide if I still love it or not. Currently I have over a dozen projects ready to go. I have two WIPs, and I also had been working with a friend on a quilt for her son for X-mas. As it so happened, she came down with Covid at the same time I did. We recently put our heads together, and decided that by altering the pattern, we still can make it happen. I'm also a perfectionist, so everything has to be done perfectly.(I know...I'm working on that!)
Old 12-02-2023, 11:43 AM

good at thinking outside the box and adapting to the mudballs life has thrown me.

Am Really bad at staying in contact with people I care about, I hate talking on the phone, I just freeze up.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:50 AM

I am very organized and my sewing room is neat. I have no talent for improvisation, and am happy to rely on the patterns and tools of brilliant quilters. I love fitting a pattern to a group of fabrics. I've done a lot of planning, less actual doing.
Old 12-02-2023, 01:47 PM

I'm in Joe'smom's boat. I am pretty much OCD, not clinically diagnosed, but my sewing space is clean, picked up, organized.

I have tried improvised blocks, scrappy blocks, and it just never looks like the block I've seen or followed on a blog or Pinterest, let alone actually be square..🙄. My brain needs a pattern, and tools to make a block apparently.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:59 PM

I am absolutely GREAT at agreeing to help out or 'clean up' someone else's unfinished project for community projects (our charity quilt group) I love to try out, analyze and 'fix' a new to me pattern. I love love love colour.

I am really bad when it comes to sewing the last bits and pieces of project. Boredom often sets in at the 80% mark. Yes, I do push myself to finish, but I too have UFO's that are 'almost' done.

And my sewing room is ALWAYS a mess!!