Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of drinker are you? >

What kind of drinker are you?

What kind of drinker are you?

Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Whoops
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Well......I have been in the hospital 7 times since April and my initial triple bypass. From that surgery I developed Acute Pancreatitis, with cycsts on my Pancreas some 3 inches in diameter. You all know what the major cause of Pancreatitis is? ALCOHOLISM!! And I DON'T drink. Go figure. In tiny little letters it says it is also caused by certain medications. Hmmmm. Had I known way back when that I was going to develope this horrible thing I would definitely tried to have more fun trying all those cutesy drinks like Sex on the Beach, Monkey Sperm, Pumpkin Martinis, etc. etc. But Noooooooo, I had to be a good girl and only drink one Pina Colada a year. Ugggghhhh!!! But of course they have totally changed every single medication I have been taking for the last 5years because the vast majority of them have listed as a side affect PANCREATITIS!!! Have I made myself clear enough yet?????? Time to go on a Booze Cruise!!! LOLOLOLOL And your all invited!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 PM

I LOVE ,LOVE, LOVE good whiskey.I can't stand beer.I have not had more than a few drinks in the last 4-5 years. I am not able to control the amount I consume. I never did keep booze in the home when my kids were growing up .I didn't want them to think it was the norm to "have to drink to settle down" or whatever the reason. Well It really didn't work because I have a son who is most likely an alcoholic.In fact I asked him to get his own place due to the drinking.I too like to drink but when one son went to war and the other turned to the bottle I turned from the fun,whoo hoo party woman to a crying mess. I could very easily drink every am after work as many nurses I work with do With my tendency toward an addictive personality I don't dare.
For about 4 years I used to go out to the "biker bars" I followed a lot of great bands.Had some really great times. It was not unusual for me to have a 50-60 dollar bar tab.(thats a big tab in a cheap biker bar lol) I loved to get "liquored up" and dance for hours. NEVER once have I driven under the influence I am proud to say. But I fear those days are over, Sometimes I do miss it but when the alcohol problem hits one you love it changes your perspective drasticly. I must also say so that the wrong impression is not portrayed My sons never seen me under the influence so it was not as if they had a bad example...I am in no way anti alcohol,I am just one that can not control..

On the same note if they would legalize a certian herb and I didn't get drug tested I would still partake ....
Old 10-05-2011, 07:02 PM

Lots of water and hot chai tea
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM

For the most part, I just make sure that the coffee pot is never empty and that it is set to turn itself on at 5:30 A.M. every morning.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by YolandaW
I don't drink alcohol. Back in younger years I did party a bit but I have seen the affects of alcoholism. My brother is a high functioning (gets up goes to work every day, great income, has nice wife that drinks also, etc) alcoholic but a alcoholic none the less and I hate him when he is drinking.

Dad was/is alcoholic (30 years sober), grandfather on both sides were but stopped drinking, etc...I really think alcohol is often talked about with laughter but for some it's no laughing matter.
So totally agree, many families ruined.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 AM

4PM.......wine time, It's 5 o'clock somewhere !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Well I guess I m one of the few lushes on this board. I love a tall gin and tonic with a twist, red wine, occasional beer. I have one or two of these daily.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by My time
Well I guess I m one of the few lushes on this board. I love a tall gin and tonic with a twist, red wine, occasional beer. I have one or two of these daily.
I hardly consider you a lush lol, well unless a couple makes you stumble around and talk nonsence lol. Enjoy !
Old 10-08-2011, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Diet Pepsi rocks!
I hate the diet variety I prefer the normal Pepsi better. that and an occasional soft drink or tea and water are all I drink.