Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of quilt to make from 90s country aesthetics >

What kind of quilt to make from 90s country aesthetics

What kind of quilt to make from 90s country aesthetics

Old 04-02-2024, 07:08 AM

I have a fair amount of this type of fabric in my stash too (inherited). Cut small will be the best, something like a long cabin would be perfect. Still haven't used much of mine either
Old 04-05-2024, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingPandaBear View Post
I looked at older quilting books and magazines on A Thrifty Notion, but seeing only the covers I didn’t find what I was looking for. I also checked my local resale store but no old quilt books/magazines.
So this reminded me of a similar situation I was in where I was trying to decide to buy a pattern book based on the cover alone. I ended up checking The Internet Archive, an online library dedicated to documenting pretty much any media out there. They have a bunch of quilt books and magazines going back decades, but the catch is most of them can only be borrowed for an hour. Not great for actually making something, but as a way to preview a book or pattern before you buy, it's pretty useful.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:40 AM

I have a pillow in one of my sewing chairs that has a sham just as the OP described. Big flower appliqué in the center with lace around the outside edges, blue/mauve floral fabric, wide layered ruffles around the outside. Had it been handmade, it would have taken a lot of fussy work.

From the late 80s, I think. Guess I don't do a lot of decorating.

hugs,
charlotte
Old 04-06-2024, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

For fabrics from the 80's and 90's , I would think a log cabin quilt would be a good use for them. Or Grandmother's Fan, or Rail Fence. Those were all popular then, as well as applique.