Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of sewing machine do you have? >

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 AM

I have 2 Kenmores one set up in each daughter's homes that I live in. They sure are reliable neither cost very much in fact my son gave me one that is about 20 years old and still makes a great seam and the bobbins still fit the new machine I bought. I do simple quilts and have them guilted by a pattern long arm quilter that does a great job and than I give them away for someone to use every day NOT for show and please don't put them away unused they last for years and are great.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlover51
I have a Bernina 830 with embroidery attachment . I also still have my first Bernina 1130. That's the 1130 with my kitty peeking thru. This was a surprise gift from my late husband and still the best sewing machine ever in my opinion.

And I, too, can't imagine paying over $10,000 for a sewing machine - like newest Bernina.
Gosh, if I had to pay over $10 for a sewing machine, I'd want the dang thing to drive me to work! lol
Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
Baby Lock Quilter's Choice. Really like it for some things but absolutely am in love with my Singer Featherweight, 72 years old and still going strong. It's been used and abused and still keeps on goin' !!! It had been well used long before I received it for Christmas in 1959. Only does straight stitching but they are beautiful. Also, have a Singer 600 that was my mother's but don't use it.
Nice. this year I 'found' a FW at a junk shop, in case... for (are you ready?) $10. Yup. I bought it, cleaned it, oiled it, spent about $14 in parts for it... and she's back in service. I have yet to sew anything with her though. lol. My sewing room looks like a bomb hit it. LOL Too many restoration projects going on to sew! NICE finding that featherweight and using it.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by countryblocks
I have a Bernina 1630 and how can I find out what it's worth? also have embroidery machine but would like to have a sewing machine and embroidery machine all in 1 but can't afford alot. I have quite a few cards for embrodery machine.
Do a search on EBAY for 'Bernina 1630' and see what they're going for. (Don't forget to ask it to search the COMPLETED listings though. Then you'll see what really sold and for how much).
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I test sewed on the new Bernina, about $9000, all day for a class and it was nice but didn't sew a straight seam any better then my other machines I have. I can afford to buy any machine I want whenever I want it and DH wouldn't bat an eye but the best value for the money I would buy a top of the line Kenmore machine.

I have:

Brother 1500
two Janomes
Four vintage Singers including FW, 301, 15 and the first Quantum model.

I had the chance to use a brand new top of the line Kenmore and it's fantastic.
My first machine was a kenmore, probably 25 years ago...It was a 12-stitch I bought brand new. That was the worse machine I ever owned and didn't know any better to try something different. I fought with it every time I got it out, it would jam, couldn't sew over anything of substance and was always a headache. I finally gave up sewing until about 8 years ago. I purchased an old singer 630 in a cabinet for $20 with all the scissors, threads, bindings, pins etc already in the cabinet. I LOVED that machine and used it continuously for about a year until it blew up on me (motor gave out). The singer re-ignited my joy in sewing. I have a Bernina Artista, a Pfaff 7570, an old Singer 66, a fw, an old Elna Supermatic, a light Janome for travel and 2 sergers (need to sell one but now sure which yet).
Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM

I have a Janome 6600MC bought it almost new someone traded it in with less than a year used. I have a janome serger, janome 350E embroidery machine I bought in August. A janome gold for travel. A Bernina 830 not sure if I'm keeping a lady wants to sell it but missing the cord. I finally found one. An old New home that my sister in law did not want. And in search of a feather weight. I just fell in love with those little machines. Very satisfied with what I have, but hoping sometime before I retire I can buy a long arm.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 AM

Bernina 200E
Bernina 440QE
black Featherweight
white/green Featherweight

I love all of my machines but
when I win the lottery I am going to buy a Bernina 830LE :lol:
Old 10-26-2011, 10:24 AM

Janome 1600P...love it!
would really like to get Janome 6600.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM

I have a singer serger that i bought maybe 20 yrs ago....still going great..love it!!! I also have a old singer in it`s desk...the peddle kind that i bought from the original owner...it was her baby and she took awesome care of it....
I have three Husqvarna`s...my SL 2000 just died on me....gears stuck in it....i have a 1100 that i bought second hand from a hubby who`s seamstress wife had passed away...my 1100 is a workhorse and i use it for peicing, and i just bought a 875 SapphireQ and I LOVE LOVE IT!!! lol But I do want to eventually get a Baby Lock quilter and frame...oh and small Brother that is really easy to carry around...bought it for 25$ and it is almost new....it had hardly been used
Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM

I have a Viking 400 and a Husqvarna 990. The Husqvarna was given to me by a friend and she said it was too complicated for her. Lucky me! I also have two sergers.A Huskylock 535 and a New Home Mylock. The Huskylock was also given to me. They all work well even tho they are old and well used. Lucky me again!

FREE Quilting Newsletter