Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of sewing machine do you have? >

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

Old 02-09-2020, 02:52 PM

I have Viking 980-Q - my dream machine. Other/previous machines were Babylock - which was ok, and Bernina - which were very good. One of reasons I went with this Viking was the big open harp area for quilting. How? A gift from my Mama - after her passing I rec'd an inheritance check. Between my own personal sewing $$$ earned & that - treated myself to my dream machine as a gift from her. I also rec'd a killer trade-in deal on my old babylock + the dealer was in a crunch to move because the store lost their lease. All in all it added up an awesome deal of a lifetime, IMO. There is no way I would have paid full price/retail on my machine - but the pieces all came together at just the right time to make it happen for a reasonable price so I jumped on it. I feel Sew Blessed! I reliable good machine makes huge difference in a person's sewing/quilting experience. =)

Donna Mc
Old 02-09-2020, 03:04 PM

I have a Bernina 440QE and a new Bernina Serger, also a Viking 1050, My old Kenmore, a 1050's
Singer, and another singe I got at Good Will. I guess if I were rich with dough I would buy the top of the line Bernina and a Juki 2010Q.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:51 PM

I have 4 sewing machines and a longarm. My main machine is a Bernina 640 which I used for most all my piecing and sewing.
My travel machine is a Brother Innovis Laura Ashley NX-800 and I use it when I go to Quilt of Valor sewins each month and other sewing related activities. I have a Singer 15-91 Centennial in a cabinet that sits by my front door entryway. I haven't used it in a few years but the last time I used it was to sew 1/4" leather to reupholster my chiropractors table for him. I also have a Singer 201-3 in a cabinet that sits in my living room for days I want to watch TV and sew.

I bought my longarm in 2012 and I use it a few times a week to sew for clients and I'd like more time to get my own quilts on the frame. I have 4 tops finished waiting to be longarmed!
Attached Thumbnails hurricane2.jpg  
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 AM
Power Poster

The machines I regularly sew on are my new Bernina 770 QE, which is the bomb! And my Juki TL2010Q. I also have FW's, other Singers of the vintage variety, and my first, a Kenmore from the 70's. That machine still runs like a top! It's older than my boys. My Bernina 150QE will never be parted with. I love that thing and have had not one problem since I bought it in 2001.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:47 AM

I had a Viking Rose that died, so I got an Elna Excellence 720. It does what I need it to do, but it would not have been my first choice. If it gets worn out, I will most likely buy another Viking, whatever works for me at the time. Think about what features you want and how you will get service before you buy. Test "drive" all you can. My Elna dealer retired so service is an hour and a half away now. Luckily, I've not encountered any problems so far. Features I could not live without - needle down, lock stitch, automatic cutting.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:33 AM

Viking Epic, Viking 770, brother embroidery machine, singer fashion mate and a featherweight. My hope is to move up to Epic 2 in the next year or so. Love my Vikings. I enjoy obtainIng the older machines, cleaning them up and giving
them away. It is a quest of sorts for me.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:56 AM
Administrator

i think my highest count reached 8 machines.
it might be twice the size it needs to be, but i still have only one butt i can park in front of a machine.
so i made it my mission to re-home as many as i could.

i now have only two.
a Brother Dream Machine 2
a Janome Skyline S9

new rule is if i buy one, i will force myself to sell one.

i envy those with collections.
but i live in a shoe box, so the new rule is a must.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:36 AM

I have two emb machines one is the Elna and the other is a Janome besides two other Janome machines to take to class etc or travel with when I need to .
Old 02-10-2020, 11:12 AM

I have 4 Pfaffs 7570s embroidery machines which I dearly love , and I have 4 Feather weights 221s one black and 3 repainted which I also love, and one Pfaff 2044 which I had up graded to a 2056 which is OK it is my guest machine I gave my mid arm to my sister as I had it for 4 years and not used it once, so gave it to sister and she uses it every day or so.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:06 PM

Bernina 850 from 30 yrs ago
Bernina 830; would love to get rid of.
Bernina 770 for all the fancy stuff it does, embroidery and the long harp,
Nechii-it stays in the carry case and goes to classes
Brother 1500, the workhorse
Bernina serger from the 1970's
Longarm

Love them all except the Bernina 830. They each have their unique purpose. I spend more time and produce more sewing/quilting than any other activity, including driving a car. So I invest in my equipment..... staying within my budget.

Following that logic, we need a new bed.

FREE Quilting Newsletter