Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of stitch regulator is this?  Please read All of description 😊 >

What kind of stitch regulator is this? Please read All of description 😊

What kind of stitch regulator is this? Please read All of description 😊

Old 02-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Default What kind of stitch regulator is this? Please read All of description 😊

I recently bought this set up from a lady, and after getting it set up, I noticed that it has possibly 2 different kinds of stitch regulators on it. Let me explain.

bottom Picture shows the dial on the handle bars. As I turn this it either increases the speed of the machine and stitch length or slows it down and adjusts the stitch length accordingly. It Is plugged into the top picture which is the older Grace model sure stitch. I Do not have any other pieces to the Grace SS. There is nothing else that came with it, I've talked to the lady I bought it from & she says that this was all she'd ever used.

I've never had one of theses but as I look them up on line, it appears I have 2 partial units, however I can't find anything on the one mounted on the handle bars. Sewing with it, it seems yo work as I'm told it should worh the stitch regulator.....but I'm confused as the 2 different parts, and yet it seems to work. Can anyone please help ...un confuse ���� me?
Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails img_1152.jpg   img_1151.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-11-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Gay

Perhaps the original got broken and some clever cookie rigged up this old sewing machine stitch dial to replace it.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:42 PM

You have a speed controller, not a stitch regulator. That will do as you say, speed up or slow down the machine with the dial. A stitch regulator has encoders on the frame that speed up or slow down the machine based on how fast you are moving. I agree with Gay, I think the original dial broke and they fixed it with another dial.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:38 PM

That settup is identical to the one my lnspira frame came with, about 10 yr. old. I couldn't use it as it wasn't compatible with my Bailey midarm, but the lady l gave the parts to uses it on her Grace frame with her Husqvarna Mega quilter. You must have encoder wheels attatched to the carriage...one for the horizontal tracks, the other on the carriage tracks, and their wires plug into the blue box. The dial allows you to lengthen or shorten your stitch length according to your preference.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:01 AM

I purchased the Grace Stitch Controller two months ago and mine has your little blue box which is attached to the rear of my machine and it has another blue box attached to the handle in front of the machine carriage. One is to control the carriage, and the other is for stitch length and speed. Your two seems to do the same somehow.