Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What makes a quilter happy?

Today I had a momentary panic when I finished the line I was machine stitching and there was no bobbin thread to cut. My heart sank as I turned the quilt over to see how long I'd been sewing with no bobbin thread. And to my surprise, it ran out at exactly the last stitch at the end of the quilt. That's never happened to me before, and I won't count on it happening again.

I feel like I won the lottery! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Isn't that a wonderful feeling. I have had that happen and jumped for joy as you did (smile). Great day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hannajo
    Today I had a momentary panic when I finished the line I was machine stitching and there was no bobbin thread to cut. My heart sank as I turned the quilt over to see how long I'd been sewing with no bobbin thread. And to my surprise, it ran out at exactly the last stitch at the end of the quilt. That's never happened to me before, and I won't count on it happening again.

I feel like I won the lottery! :lol:
    My machine beeps when it is almost out of bobbin thread. The other day I was 2 inches from the end when it beeped. I was able to finish off and had 12" of thread left. I was happy too!

I wish I was so lucky!!!! I was chain stitching block halves and got through the last block and the same thing...... NO bobbin thread to cut! OOPS...... I had a pile of 8 blocks (16 halves) behind my machine and only the first 2 were completely sewn.....I guess I will pay better attention from now on!!!

That happened to me yesterday and I felt like I had won the lottery!!! funny how something so simple can make us so happy!!

Yyyyaaaahhhh !!! Whew

The other gets a Growl :)

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Or when I realized I have no more of that specific fabric in my stash but just barely made it with what I had to finished the last block.. Whew..

Blog Entries
    That is definitely, a fist pumping in the air, yelling a loud YA HOO!! moment :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by shawnemily
    I wish I was so lucky!!!! I was chain stitching block halves and got through the last block and the same thing...... NO bobbin thread to cut! OOPS...... I had a pile of 8 blocks (16 halves) behind my machine and only the first 2 were completely sewn.....I guess I will pay better attention from now on!!!
    Oy! That's what usually happens to me.

It is the little joys that keep us going.

it is always nice to hear great news lol

Blog Entries
    Today I had to change bindings - I used up my planned one. When I finished cutting what I needed, I had an 1/8 of an inch left. :)

My machine is too old to tell me I am low on bobbin thread, but I can tell by the sound of the stitching, so I rarely sew without thread.

My machine beeps too. Before when I had my other machine, I had this happen and had a seam to redo.

I am so glad you had a happy morning

Blog Entries
    My machine actually stops when it gets close to running out. I can get a few more stitches out of it at that point but the last string is only about 2" - not much waste at all. (My Pfaff still had many FEET of thread). So I'm happy that my machine is frugal.

What makes me happy, is when the HSTs fit together - I HATE cut-off points. Getting them perfect is such a rare event - heavy sigh!

I've NEVER been that lucky! lol I'm really glad to hear that it is a possiblilty! Good for you.

It's those little things in life that makes us happy!!

I'm happy when all I have left from a top or pair of tops is a fistful of fabrics that are only good for confetti.

Diana

Blog Entries
    LOL> That is so great!

I felt happy last week when I was able to pull fabrics for a wallhanging class completely from previous purchases. That felt really good and gave me hope that I'll be able to spend more time sewing in this New Year (and using up more previously acquired fabric).

Mine always runs out 2" from the end of the stitching line. grin. Once was chain piecing around a hundred triangles and didn't notice that the pile on the floor behind the machine was NOT stitching. SO picked around 30+ and started over AFTER putting thread in the bobbin.

That happens to me quite often. I have fairies that live in my machine you know. Maybe one has taken up residence in yours too. How exciting!

Blog Entries
    Has only happened to me once, but it is a great feeling.

Guess I've had it both ways-so glad to see that the thread ended with the last bit of stitching and then the flip side when you have done a whole lot of chain stitching and only the first 2 or 3 had thread on both sides. I do try to keep several bobbins full and ready to go - that seems to help me.

I always check the bobin several times while sewing to make sure the thread doesn't run out.

Good for you! What would make me happy is to find when I went to square up my blocks that they were all already perfectly square.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast