Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What products can't you live without?

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter
    Fabric. Hands down. If I never sewed another stitch, I'd still buy fabric. It's a sickness. :oops:
    Wow, I think this could be everyone here....especially me!!

I gotta have my rotary cutter, and of course my wrist pin cushion.

Also a make up brush for cleaning out the lint and my long handled tweezers.

I have a pair of 3 inch suture scissors. I put them on a ribbon around my neck when I sew. They are great for seam ripping and clipping threads. And of course all the other obvious stuff. I alos love my design board made out of foam board and headliner.

Wow...such answers!
    I love my Fiskars Rotary cutters...45mm and 60mm (of course last night they didn't like me)
    I love my Fiskar sissors, the snips and long ones.
    I really, really love my Alto quick Cuts mat and system...had it since 2002 and still love it.
    K

Creative Grid rulers. I am gradually replacing my Omnigrip rulers with Creative Grid. They are the best rulers made!

Watch out for the sidewinder. If you have a Viking Machine, as I do, the bobbins don't fit! Great little tool if you can use it!

Favorite tools- 60mm Olfa rotary cutter. Cuts through more layers of fabric than the 45,12.5 inch square up ruler, 4X14 ruler

I just got the Fons and Porter 1/4 inch seam markers and the Eleanor Burns flying geese tool. Both are pretty cool! I am making a quilt with a flying geese border and both are pretty handy

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I really like my magnetic pin cushion. I have 2 that I rotate. I keep one by the sewing machine and one where I am working.

I couldn't live without printer fabric sheets, Bubble Jet Set & Rinse, and invisible thread.

I'm going to be a little different on what I can't live without -- :D

SORTKWIK

For those of you that work in offices, you may be familiar with the product. It is a fingertip moistener that lets you sort through papers easier. It is great when you are working with material as well (counting, strip piecing, etc) It doesn't leave any marks on the material and I can get the pieces apart quick. :D

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    What a great idea. I used that when I worked at the bank but I never thought of using it in quilting.

Thanks for the idea. Have you tried it with machine quilting?

I really want the sidewinder, I am glad to hear good reviews because I didn't want to get one and it not be very good. Thank you!! :mrgreen:

2ME
    Two things for me: Gingher thread snips (love the way they fit in the palm of my hand) and the Rowenta "Perfect" Iron. I haven't seen this iron in a long time. I bought mine at Target about a year agao and they don't carry it anymore. I hope they still make it. I've had a lot of different irons and this one is true to its name. The heat plate is made from Platinum so it conducts heat excellently.

fabric, fabric, and more fabric....I have to say that I also purchased the Fons & Porters rotary cutter with coupon at Jo-Anns recently. I was looking to replace an old Olfa because it started cutting wobbly. I've had it for a few years and have cut a lot of heavy fabrics with it (quilters flannels, minkee, decorator fabrics, etc). I like it...A LOT. It does take a bit of getting used to at first but I've already cut my charm squares for the december exchange with them (quilters flannels) and they cut like butta through multiple layers. When I get the hang of it I'm gonna love it for sure.

OOooh and magazines. I love magazines. I don't usually follow instruction patterns but I do get a lot of ideas for individual blocks that I donate to charities. I love seeing new fabric lines and how they can be manipulated by talented quilters. I find them inspiring.

I pulled up this link to an old thread if you're interested. There were some great ideas in there including the 3M hooks. I put them on absoulutely everything in my sewing room.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/7456.page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2