Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥ What Quilted Projects are you working on for Christmas Gifts? >

♥ What Quilted Projects are you working on for Christmas Gifts?

♥ What Quilted Projects are you working on for Christmas Gifts?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 AM

Making a Chicago Bear quilt for my son and a smaller one of the same design for my 2 1/2 year old grandson. They can sit in the "man cave" together and watch the games - the grandson even has a child sized recliner. Advent calendar for my daughter & family - will give it to her for her birthday at the beginning of December. A Yellow Brick Road made out of coffee prints for a coffe-aholic friend and a Yellow Brick Road made out of Boston Sports prints for his Boston fanatic wife. For the other grandchildren - a baseball quilt, Disney princess quilt, pink and purple "tween" quilt and... my daughter just told us she is expecting again - so some kind of baby quilt. Wow - look at that list - I better get going.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
:lol: None this year still trying to finish last years :wink:
Funny!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kim T
My friend and I are getting together and making casserole carriers, coasters, totes and anything else we can think of. We will have a 3 day marathon and see what we can do. We laugh so much and have a great time.
Do you have a pattern you can share for the casserole carriers? I saw a pattern that uses 2 placemats but I would like one with handles to carry with. Sounds like a fun day for you & your gf.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
I'm making a small log cabin table runner I saw in a quilt magazine for all the women in my small group. The same pattern, but different colors. Then, there is a small piece of the same gold fabric that's in every one to keep them together.

I'm searching for a website I used to have the boys make coasters for their teachers last year. You make them out of 5 squares and there is a piece of wonder under or something in it too. Instead of sewing it in a 4 patch, you fold the pieces and stitch all around the end, then you flip it right side out and you end up with a beautiful four patch and it's a coaster. I know I found the website through QB, but no idea what they were called to try and search for them.

You girls have any ideas about search words so I can try to find them? They were super easy to do. I helped my boys make them last year. I traced lines and let them cut out the squares. They folded them and set them all up, then I stitched around the edges, they did the rest...all out of cute Christmas fabric. Made a set of four for each of their teachers.

No quilts this year, probably next year.
Search under Criss Cross coasters here, I made them all of the time & love them.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 AM

Quilt, Mug warmers (wraps), table runners, place mats.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 AM

working on mug rugs
Old 09-19-2011, 06:24 AM

I just finished a fishing themed quilt for my Dad for Christmas. The rest of the family could care less about getting a crafted gift from me.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
This was exactly it! Thank you thank you!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:25 AM

Working on some bow-tucks for the girls in the family :)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:32 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Making column quilts for the grands (3)-embroidering their names on towels,hand towels and wash cloths. They are growing up and want different items so I make a few and I buy a few. Got the list going and working on it now . For the DD's each get a gift card to their favorite store, same with son in laws. DH I buy for all year long, and he does the same for me.. unless its something really special either of us wants, its small gifts under the tree. And our furry baby (her first Christmas with us) will be one of major spoilage for her !LOL