Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What quilting gadget do you want that you don't have?

What quilting gadget do you want that you don't have?

I was looking at the thread about the quilting gadgets that went bust and got to thinking about what I would like.

I would like the Accuquilt Go -- have not taken the plunge because of the $$ and the room it takes. I am tempted, though.

How about you?
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I'd love a long arm or even a machine with a wider throat but it's not in the stars for me. I'm ok with dreaming about it

Bernina 830. Bwaaaaahahahaha! Ok, on to something realistic. I would like to try that FMQ halo, but can't bring myself to buy it without checking it out first.

Blog Entries
    I would like the accuquilt Go too.........maybe will take the plunge soon

sizzix big shot pro, or babylock crown jewel
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

I would like to have a sewing machine with a wide throat to start quilting at home.
    Baby Lock Ellisimo-^-Baby Lock Ellageo-^-Brother PQ1500s-^-1947 Featherweight.
    Janome 19660-^-Baby Lock Serger-^-Singer Serger-^-Accuquilt Go & Brother ScannCut.

I tried the Halo at a quilt show but it is not for me. Not enough room inside the Halo to quilt without stopping and repositioning continually, and I need to have my fingers on the quilt for the best control for me. What is my dream item? A Babylock Symphony (no money) and a sit down midarm (no room or money :-) ). I'll be happy with what I've got-I'm fortunate to have a dedicated quilting space (well except for when my grandson is sleeping in it 3 -4 nights a week.) All of his stuff is in the bedroom he shares with his Dad and its not a permanent situation so it's good.
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

I really want EQ7. Have asked for it for my birthday in May. Here's hoping!!
    Pam Chavez
    www.chavezarts.com
    "Spreading the joy of color, beauty and creativity"

A long arm! I am dreaming but I have two babies (4 and 2) so that's long ways away. Also debating if I need and accuquilt go....
    Brother SQ9000, Baby Lock Crescendo

Slowly but surely restoring these lovely machines...
    Singer 66 (1929) Singer 27 treadle (1909) Singer 99 (1925)

Hunters star ruler, accuquilt go drunkards path, log cabin and alphabet dies...

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezArts View Post
    Me toooo! I had EQ5 years ago when I thought I wanted to quilt, but then I started having babies and that got put on the back burner, lost in one of our moves.

My bday isn't until October, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea for Mother's Day! My dh has skipped out on so many holidays over the years, I might have to cash in on that this year, lol.

I would love a longarm..but can not justify it. So I will wish for the log cabin accuquilt die and the alpha die.

I would absolutely adore a HQ Sweet Sixteen. Maybe someday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant View Post
    Bernina 830. Bwaaaaahahahaha! Ok, on to something realistic. I would like to try that FMQ halo, but can't bring myself to buy it without checking it out first.
    i'd love the bernina, too
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I would LOVE either a HQ SweetSixteen or a Babylock Tiara (both are 17" sit down mid-arm machines) and every one of Deb Tucker's rulers.

It's not a gadget, but I'd love a machine with a larger throat that would stay on my quilt frame. Also, am planning on buying the new foot that makes sewing curves easier - don't remember it's name but it's on my list!!!

I would love Deb Tucker's rulers too. She has some good ones. I mostly want the wing clippers. I would love the Janome Horizon, but I already have a good Brother 1500, Bernina 180, and a Singer 221. They all still do great, so I can't justify the Janome.

Accuquilt Go, Janome 12000, and if we are really dreaming big, my own studio (separate from the house) with gammill computerized LA....I guess if we are gonna dream, go big! LOLOLOL

I have often thought of a long arm, but do not have the space, money, or expertise. I will continue to hand quilt, and MAYBE someday get up the courage to take a top to a professional.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezArts View Post
    I hope you get your EQ7. There is so much you can do. My sister has it, but rarely uses it. I have EQ5, and am very happy with it.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

EQ BlockBase (the CD with all the block patterns). If it seems I will keep quilting regularly, then maybe I will spring for it this fall. It isn't that costly, but a person could spend that money on fabric instead .....

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I want a Janome Herizon. I need to save for it. A couple of my friends have one and they love it. I have a Janome but the Horizon has a larger opening. I saw a sit-down mid-arm at quilt show. that was kind of interesting, but I'm not sure about it. I would have to try it. An LQS near me offers a 1 hour class on her long-arm, limited to 3 people in the class so everyone gets time to sew. Then she will rent time on the machine so you can do your own quilts. That may be a way for me to go.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I want the 9 or 10 degree ruler. I'd like to make one of those spiral quilts. I'll buy it one of these days.

I'm considering the Accuquilt and a long arm or mid-arm, but I would need somewhere to put it. I'm also put off by the cost.

I would love to have a mid or long arm. Gadget wise, I am with so many others, I would love a Go! cutter. I just got a new to me Singer Futura SEQS 6000, that I am still exploring. I love it so far. My dh is determined to get me a Featherweight one day, he knows I would love one, and he is a sweety.

Every time I see something new I want it but with a limited sewing space I have to pass up most of them. I would love a long arm machine and frame. Someday maybe. For now it's limited to specialty rulers.

Quilting is my therapy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast