Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Quilting Magazines do you like and why? >

What Quilting Magazines do you like and why?

What Quilting Magazines do you like and why?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

I like Fons Porter for instructions and good tips. I also buy a lot of Quick Quilts mag.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM

I am a newbie also so have been trying to read everything I can. I go to some of the local thrift shops and buy magazines for 25 cents and also find lots of books and magazines at estate sales or garage sales. I don't have any set favorite magazines yet but have a good collection of both old and new magazines to review. It is amazing how difficult the piecing must have been in the 80s and 90s or even before when everything was cut with templets and scissors. We have come a long way ladies!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM

I agree about looking at several that are out there; listen for them or just one to scream buy me, then get it. I treat myself to one or two every payday. I am still trying to pick one or two to order as well. I have been getting Sew News for 20 years. So once I find one I will be dedicated. Thanks for all the ideas. Teresa
Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM

I used to have a subscription to several differant mag. but when I retired I cut back to my favorites. American Patchwork and Quilting, McCalls and Fons and Porter are what I get now.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM

My new favorite is quilters newsletter, i like Easy Quilts from fons and porter, and i like the magazine Quilts. I like some of the foreign ones but they are super expensive
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM

I'm from Australia but rarely buy the Australian patchwork magazines as they reprint the same patterns over and over.

I love US magazines, my favourites are Fons and Porter, The Quilter Magazine and I just love the Shop Hop magazines which come out 2-3 times a year. I read those from cover to cover, devouring the amazing quilt shops you have in the US.

I too miss the Miniature Quilts magazine, have never saw another minature quilt magazine as good. Is there even one now?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM

I have read a few magazines by Fons and Porter (not sure of the names of them), but the one magazine I absolutely loved almost every page of is Better Homes & Gardens American Patchwork & Quilting! I'm definitely getting a subscription! The quilt on the cover of the most recent issue is my new inspiration / big project!

Candace
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 PM

I get the one from fons and porter love of quilting
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 AM

I used to get alot of mags but have dropped most of them. Never made a quilt from one, they are just eye candy to look forward to every two months.
Still get Fons and Porter, and a couple of others that I cant remember the names of.
Make most of my quilts from online patterns and books by Eleanor Burns.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM

I have two shelves of magazines with pages dog eared and will probably never make but a fraction of them. There is so much stuff free on the internet that I let my subscriptions run out. Just with www.quilterscache.com and Bonnie Hunter's site - you could never run out of stuff to do and all the major fabric lines have free patterns ....