Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What should I do with this? >

What should I do with this?

What should I do with this?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
I bought some Moda Bistro collection at a sale at my LQS but now I have no idea what to do with them. Each piece is either 1 yard or 2+ yards depending on what was left on the bolt. The plaid on the end is my ironing board not fabric ;-) Should I make a lap quilt if so what pattern, should I make placemats? LOL! What to do???? While you have your thinking caps on, how about this panel? Any ideas?
:D So did we all Help !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:26 PM

where did you find the panel i bought a couple last week to use for xmas presents i love that one you could probably get at least 3 nice wall hangings if you have some gardeners to gift it sure is cute tho
Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Google Goddess

thanks for the link

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Look at this pattern:

http://lynbrown.com/?p=1671

For the panel I would cut the sections apart and add pieced quilt blocks (log cabin is my favorite for panels) made from coordinating fabrics.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by angieh1964
where did you find the panel i bought a couple last week to use for xmas presents i love that one you could probably get at least 3 nice wall hangings if you have some gardeners to gift it sure is cute tho
I found it in a fabulous quilt shop in Fl but Favorite Fabrics (a QB regular) also has it in her store. I wonder if I can get a discount for sending folks her way! :lol: Seriously her prices were better than what I paid & I think I might be doing some shopping with her myself.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM

I would put the brown/blue circles with the latte cloth for place mats or table topper. The Modern fabric would go with the panels. cut apart and worked together in wall-hanging or doll quilts. The traveling browns would make great totes.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:09 AM

For the fabric, you might want to consider using the "Turning Twenty" pattern. It is easy and beautiful. The fabrics you chose are beautifully coordinated.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

I love your panel, it is precious. I love the brown and blues together, you could make a stepping stone type quilt, the one with one large rectangle and two diffrent size squares to make one block. God bless. Penny
Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Originally Posted by Beachbound
I bought some Moda Bistro collection at a sale at my LQS but now I have no idea what to do with them. Each piece is either 1 yard or 2+ yards depending on what was left on the bolt. The plaid on the end is my ironing board not fabric ;-) Should I make a lap quilt if so what pattern, should I make placemats? LOL! What to do???? While you have your thinking caps on, how about this panel? Any ideas?
:D So did we all Help !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes you all did! The fabric just wouldn't let me make anything except placemats from it. Every time I thought of something different it just yelled "No Way!" So today I cut out 10 placemats~ 6 for myself & 4 for my DIL. That used up almost all of it but a yard of the stained glass. I'll make a few pads for a hot dish too. Thanks for your input!!

:P