Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What size should I make my design wall... sort of second try, correct terminology this time... >

What size should I make my design wall... sort of second try, correct terminology this time...

What size should I make my design wall... sort of second try, correct terminology this time...

Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 AM

Okay, I just posted, and then realized that I am so new that I don't even know the right terminology.

I want to create a design wall that will stand up on its own and can be put up when I am not using it. I have the cardboard, spray adhesive, flannel, and duct tape.

I need to know how big is big enough to be useful but not too big to be awkward. I have seen several here lately that stand up with one fold in the middle, but can't figure out how big they might be.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 AM

Someone else had a question about making one. I made one with poster board from staples. Covered it with flannel and stapled the edges. It works just fine. And light as a feather.

All depends on how big you want it to be. Here are 2 of them with different colors. Didn't have enough of the same color. But that's ok. It works. Heres a picture of mine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180045.jpe  
Old 04-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Yes!!! That is the one I am remembering!! Okay, can you answer some questions for me. It looks like two pieces....is that right? Do you just lean them up against a wall?

Do you mind measuring yours? I may just want to copy it exactly. I think that having it in two pieces might just be a really good idea....no worry about folding or anything...

Thank you so much for responding!!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Not trying to change your mind or anything but have you thought of hanging one of those on sale plastic flannel backed tablecloths to a wall....just push pinning it in place. I have a long hallway down towards my quilting room and do this which keeps it up permanently so I can always work on a design and I don't have to bother with moving it around.. Cost was $2.00-3.50 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The one I got was for a table setting for 10 which is fairly large and I just love it. Don't know if this would work for you or not or if you might even have room in your quilting room to do this. Just a thought for you.