Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What size are tiles?

Blog Entries

What size are tiles?

Today's Missouri Star deal of the day is listed as "tiles" in a lovely fabric line. I don't know what tiles are. It doesn't say what size they are so I'm wondering if anyone on here knows what size tiles are when talking about fabric.

Blog Entries
    Heck, I finally read far enough to see that "tiles" are 10 inch squares. Sorry about taking up space with a useless question.

10" squares (they can't use the trademarked terms that Moda Bake Shop owns = "layer cakes")
    Liz / Calgary

Blog Entries
    not useless at all. how many do you get in a "tiles" bunch?? I bet not the same as a layer cake! They do have layer cakes. .... Oh this is confusing. I just wish they would say the size and amount. not give silly names to everything. but I do love layer cakes!!
    Last edited by nativetexan; 06-24-2018 at 09:22 AM.

nativetexan, it says there are 42 in this bunch of tiles. Quilterdale, your question was useful to me. I had never heard of tiles, so I learned something today. (Of course I may forget it by tomorrow.)

Quilterdale, not a useless question at all - I had no idea what Tiles were either, especially since Missouri Quilt also sells layer cakes. Without "useless questions" none of us would know much.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Power Poster
    I still think it would be nice if the pre-cuts were referred to by size and quantity.

Examples -

10 x 10 inch squares, 42 count
    2.5 inch strips x width of fabric - 21 count

whatever -

If the company feels compelled to call their product something "clever" -

I would like a listing something like this - Moda Layer Cake - 10 x 10 inch squares, 42 count

Thanks for posting your question. I also learned something today. tiles=layer cakes=10" squares!
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    Quilterdale, not a useless question at all - I had no idea what Tiles were either, especially since Missouri Quilt also sells layer cakes. Without "useless questions" none of us would know much.
    I hate to admit this, but I am one of those people that STILL don't think they know much after learning the answers to "useless questions"!! This was new one to me also! It reminds me that 50ish years ago, we wore "peddle pushers" and now they are "capris" and "thongs" are now "flip flops". We do live in an ever changing world!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilterdale View Post
    Today's Missouri Star deal of the day is listed as "tiles" in a lovely fabric line. I don't know what tiles are. It doesn't say what size they are so I'm wondering if anyone on here knows what size tiles are when talking about fabric.
    This is a fabric line byLinda Ludovico for Northcott. It seems that Northcott use the term Bright Tiles for 10 inch squares, Bright Chips are 5 inch squares and Bright Strips and Earth Strips are 2 1/2 inch strips.
    GeeGee