Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are these??? >

What are these???

What are these???

Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibeesewin
Check this out...second one down. These could be made by sewing a rectangle of the gripper for lining shelves.

http://www.ericas.com/quilting/tools/misctools.htm

Much easier to take off and on. I just so happen to have some, going to give this a try tomorrow.
Sounds interesting.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:05 AM

I have a set of these and they do work very well. They are about 1/4" thick and the foam (blue part) is very firm and dense. I use them to grip the fabric to move it and to spread it out smoothly to avoid puckers. I find they save my hands from getting quite or tired and do a good job of helping me move the fabric if it is the least bit slippery. When I bought them (probably about 6 years ago?) they were called Quilt Sew Easy Discs and were from Heavenly Notions out of Portland Oregon and I paid $19.98 Canadian.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 AM

These are a different take on the Batt Scooters I wrote about recently.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-135423-1.htm
Old 07-13-2011, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the bat scooters post. I am going to cut some foam today...and also sew the shelving gripper to fit the ends of my fingers. Will post which I like best.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ibeesewin
Check this out...second one down. These could be made by sewing a rectangle of the gripper for lining shelves.

http://www.ericas.com/quilting/tools/misctools.htm

Much easier to take off and on. I just so happen to have some, going to give this a try tomorrow.
Okay...I made a pair of grippers using the shelving liner. They work pretty darn good. I am thinking they might be better made more like a half mitten so that there somewhere for the thumb.
I have not tried the bat grippers because...well....I can't find the foam that I know is lurking somewhere in this house.
Another idea I am playing with is to cut out wood shapes with my handy dandy scroll saw..then glue the gripper to the bottom of the shapes.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-225992.jpe   attachment-225993.jpe