Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what are these? >

what are these?

what are these?

Old 10-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Shoe trees I am 80 years old and my Mom used them in her dancing shoes to keep them in shape. Hope 5this helps. Why she kept them in her sewing cabinet no one will ever know.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:43 PM

CONGRATS!! on being 80. love the knowlegde of someone with your experience in life..would you consider michigan as being a new home and sharing all of your life's experiences with me?? you go girl!! going to post my darting tools tomorrow my grandma gave me to use for socks. used them alot but not anymore. all the love and thanks for the kindness from michigan.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 AM

Sorry but Micighan is tooooooooocold for me. I come from Mn but lived in Calif for years. Need to be near my son now as my caregiver.Everyone on this board amazes me with their kind words, great quilts and also they are buying alot of my dtuff. I think my great grandmother had a sewing cab similar to your find. She had 7 girls so thats where it went. My mother was a dance instructor for years so her shoes were very important. Polkas, waltzes and etc even at Lawrence Welk when he came to St. Paul, Mn.Oh what fond memories.Anita
Old 10-11-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by gsbuffalo
I was given a sewing cabinet yesterday with all the items in it and came across these and have no idea what they are or what they are used for. haven't seen anything like them before and everything in the cabinet was sewing related so just wandering if I have a new tool to use or what. thats for any help.
they look like some shoe stretchers my mom had. You put them in to keep the shape of the shoe.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:07 AM

I have an identical sewing cabinet I inherited from my MIL. Mine is in beautiful condition. I use it in a small powder room. I opened the second drawer and put some of the old-fashioned linen hand towels with lace and embroidered edges just handing out of the drawer and I get many compliments. I use the deep side containers for storing additional toilet tissue and hand soap. I hope yours cleans us well so you can enjoy yours too.