Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Thread To Use >

What Thread To Use

What Thread To Use

Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 AM

Can't help you since I hand quilt.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by baywinds View Post
Prism99;like Aurifil 50wt 2-ply when quilting with my domestic machine, Glide thread top and bobbin for my midarm on the frame. Glide is 40wt poly and creates very little lint. Love it!

I normally use aurifil to piece, and have tried, with good results the Glide for quilting, but have just started embroidery and was wondering if you or anyone else tried Glide 40wt poly in embroidery machine. It's a Brother Quattro 2- 6700D and has quite a good speed. I was thinking if it it's good on a longarm speed, why wouldn't it work in embroidery. It is a beautiful thread and the colors are gorgeous.
I used Glide in my embroidery machine and decided it is just OK. Didnt give a great fill. Decided to not buy anymore for embroidery, but my friends that are professional long armers love it.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:04 AM

I too, love the aurifill thread. I use it on my domestic machine, top and bobbin. I also use it to quilt on my mid arm machine. I have never had any trouble with it.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Thank you...I went to the website and was very impressed! I did order one of their kits. Can't wait to try it!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 PM

I just returned from new owners classes (not new to longarming..just new to Innova!(and now I like EVERY. thread! I have lost my fear to adjust the tension to fit the thread. I tried Glide for the 1st time and just loved it. Now i know why my quilting friends on Machine Quilting Resource rave about it all the time!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by blockgirl View Post
What thread is best to use for quilting? I don't mean for sewing the blocks together but for quilting the top? I am using King Tut 100% cotton and it keeps breaking. My quilter is a pain in the you know re-thread. Also what size needle...top stitching maybe???
I got a dvd from them called Thread Therapy with Dr.Bob. it says that you should put your top tension at 2 and leave it . I think superiorthread.com sells the dvd.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana View Post
I got a dvd from them called Thread Therapy with Dr.Bob. it says that you should put your top tension at 2 and leave it . I think superiorthread.com sells the dvd.
The dvd is free during July. Pay $3.95 shipping or purchase products for no additional shipping. $3.95 cover the entire order. Good deal!