Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what time of the day do you get the most sewing/quilting done? >

what time of the day do you get the most sewing/quilting done?

what time of the day do you get the most sewing/quilting done?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 PM

I sew before all else.....life is to short not to do what you enjoy.....housework is always there and never an end to it and I sure don't enjoy....that gets put on the back burner....just don't do it as often as I use too.....so that is why I have all those quilts......I sew all day and all night....:-)
Old 08-07-2009, 03:38 AM

Since I am a widow now, I can sew pretty much when ever I want or get the urge. I love the flexibility. So what if the bed doesn't get made. Who sees it besides me, the two dogs and two cats.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:38 AM

Since I am a widow now, I can sew pretty much when ever I want or get the urge. I love the flexibility. So what if the bed doesn't get made. Who sees it besides me, the two dogs and two cats.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
Originally Posted by Loretta
Early morning here too! Up at 5, after I have my coffee and work out, I go upstairs and quilt until noon. Although I quilt in the afternoon, the morning time just goes so well. Not much for evening quilting.
I don't like sewing evenings either, I think its just the lighting.
Lighting has become my problem. When I worked, I sewed at night (in those days it was garments); now I like to start early and sew all day long. Unfortunately, other things are neglected around the house. Lately I've been attempting to declutter, etc. and that leaves little time (and energy) for sewing.

About the clutter -- I got "connected" is FlyLady on the internet. Has she got the ideas for decluttering!!! As she says, I'm taking babysteps, but things are beginning to happen. Perhaps soon, I'll be back in my sewing room and doing what I love best.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:42 AM

I have handquilting projects going all the time and have them in our family room (in my own little corner!) and sit and work on them usually in the evenings but also when I'm just waiting on someone else to be ready to go somewhere or get their 'things' done so I can do mine. Machine piecing and cutting - I try to do as much as possible at one setting - to prevent as much confusion as possible. This I will do on Saturday mornings or in the evenings when I'm home alone - sometimes in the evenings when everyone else is occupied otherwise. I have only three more weeks of work left and then I will be able to sew more often during the day.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 AM

Oh, there's supposed to be a particular time? I live alone, so I have no obligations to anyone else on a daily basis. I can sew from the time I get up until I go to bed if I like. I have learned to recognize when I'm tired and will probably start making mistakes. Other than doing my machine piecing during daylight hours when the light is best, I can sit in my comfy recliner and do handwork day time or night time with my good lamp by my chair. I do have to work some chores, errands, and housework in during each day.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:12 AM

At night when my kids are in bed! Only for a couple of hours b/c after working all day I'm exhausted!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by LBryan13790
Between 8 pm and 2 am. I MEAN to go to bed at a reasonable time, but it is just so difficult to stop. Just one more stitch turns into two more hours!!

I love your avatar! Did you make that?? I think you need to post the picture so we can all oogle over it! What is it?!?! :D
Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 AM

In the sewing room: middle of the night

Hopefully, I'll be able to find some take along projects that will keep me busy (out of trouble!!) and accomplishing something while I wait & wait :shock: & wait some more. I can't stand wasting all that precious potential quilting time :!: :D
Old 08-07-2009, 08:08 AM

Nights and wekends.