Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting?  Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy! >

What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting? Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy!

What tools or products do you use from other hobbies for Quilting? Please share your ideas and I will make a list of them for us in my pages for all of us to enjoy!

Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 AM

What a great list on hints!!
I use an empty wine case which has 12 sections for 12 bottles to hold all my different stabilizers, slides out of site under my cutting table nicely.
I use a foot sanding thingy at the dollar store for removing stray threads after removing stitches, just use the edge and run it along the line of stitiches. Ive heard of people using nail files in the same mannor.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 PM

wow...this is going to be a great thread....can't wait to see it grow....thanks to all for creating this one!!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 PM

I use a long silverware organizer (the detachable kind) to line up my threads when I embroidery. I got a fabric shower curtain at Goodwill and hung it on my fabric bookcase to protect my fabric from the sunlight coming through the windows. I hung two garden hose hangers (cheap) that have a dip at the front where I hung a bar to hold my roll of batting. I use an old 3-panel folding room divider with black fleece on one side and white on the other side as my design wall. I can move it anywhere and fold it with the projects still on it.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:00 AM

Carpenters chalk line is great for long lines (to straighten quilt)

FREE Quilting Newsletter