Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What types of projects do you use your embroidery machine for? >

What types of projects do you use your embroidery machine for?

What types of projects do you use your embroidery machine for?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM

I mainly use mine for quilting. There are LOTS of quilting designs in embroidery collections. Both Anita Goodesign and John Deer have some great ones. I've used both on several of my quilts. And I use 5D from Pfaff to design my own.I can scan pictures or drawings into 5D and make outlines for quilting or just use the drawings themselves. Infinite possibilities.

I've also embroidered some of John Deer's gorgeous Christmas Ornaments. In 2010, I embroidered Tshirts with our last name and Cape Cod 2010 in a round logo for a Cape vacation. Everyone loved them. The kids wore them every day - I made 3 for each of the kids - got the Tshirts at Michaels. I know they won't last forever, but the kids are growing anyway!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM

I have the Janome MC 9500 and the Janome MC300.
I am addicted to machine embroidery and use them for embroidering on blocks for quilts,table runners,place mats all sorts of towels and wash cloths,baby bibs, purses, sweat shirts and the list goes on and on.
Have fun using your new machine but one hint that works for me is I only use Janome bobbin thread for stress free embroidery.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM

I just purchased Pfaff Creative Vision in August.....still learning stuff, but I am loving it. In Nov. I took a Anita Goodesign 2 day class for $59.00 and recieved loads of free stuff and purchased the Diamond Club. So I get 2 software packets each month. Lovin' it.
For Christmas I made dishtowels, and have orders to make some for friends. Bought the software to go with my machine, but learning to use it. My plan was to use to make quilt labels, but haven't yet course that would mean to do a couple of my UFO's to make one.
my question is - is there a Embroidery board/blog like what we have here on Quiltboard.com and where is it?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM

check out dkembroidery.com lots of wonderful patterns. I used to cover stains on tops for my mom, she lost her sight and things would drip onto her! I knew she would hate the stains so I covered them!! Think falling leaves & flower petals
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM

You can do lots with an embroidery machine, Quilt blocks, clothing designs, towels and napkins, Christmas stockings
anything you can imagine. There are a lot of things you can complete in the hoop. Just start checking out internet embroidery sites and enjoy.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 PM

I made my son's Wedding Ring quilt with embroidered blocks...turned out great and they seemed to love it...I have used mine for quilting, sweatshirts, tee shirts for my grandson, golf towels for my son's college team with hats as well...lots of things you can do...have fun...
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 PM

I embroider Snowman, Santas, Nutcrackers, everything under the sun, to make bed runners, quilt motifs on quilts, I scanned in pictures from a Star Wars coloring book to make a quilt motif for the Star Wars lap quilt for my grandson. Haven't stitched it out yet but excited to try it.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM

I actually quilt with my embroidery machine
Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Just learning how to use the software, then I hope to do some.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I used to be a casket embroider. Did my sons boxers, shirts towels everything.
id start the summer w five white shirts, by aug, they were embroidered.
I've never seen the term "casket embroider". I am anxious to learn something new.