Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are we all making this weekend? >

What are we all making this weekend?

What are we all making this weekend?

Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by polly13
Making small items for the church bazaar. HELP----DO YOU THINK I SHOULD INCLUDE A NOTE ON THE POT HOLDERS saying not to put in microwave due to padding of insul-bright? Doesn't seem like anyone would, but guess you never know.
For safety's sake I would...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Val in IN
Hand quilting son's t-shirt quilt, UGH. I sent it out to be LA'd but she called me and said that all she could do was the sashing and the borders. Apparently, the fusible interfacing on the back of the t-shirts blocks didn't stay fused and when she tried to quilt them on her LA, they started to slide and pucker. So I got the quilt back with the sashings and borders quilted and now I'm hand quilting the blocks. Like sewing through plywood. I don't recommend it (LOL). She didn't charge me for the quilting she did, so I can't complain about that. Needless to say, I will NEVER do another t-shirt quilt!! :|
Soooo sorry that happened!! :cry: But next time just use another brand of fusible that you can trust, no more troubles. Ask around here on the Board what people recommend. :-D Don't ask me though, I don't fuse...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:28 AM

I am making some nursing coverups for my DIL. Fast and easy and cute.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Val in IN
Hand quilting son's t-shirt quilt, UGH. I sent it out to be LA'd but she called me and said that all she could do was the sashing and the borders. Apparently, the fusible interfacing on the back of the t-shirts blocks didn't stay fused and when she tried to quilt them on her LA, they started to slide and pucker. So I got the quilt back with the sashings and borders quilted and now I'm hand quilting the blocks. Like sewing through plywood. I don't recommend it (LOL). She didn't charge me for the quilting she did, so I can't complain about that. Needless to say, I will NEVER do another t-shirt quilt!! :|
I have made many t-shirt quilts. There was only 1 that I tied, but the rest I quilting on my machine. You have to do a block at a time in order to get a different quilt pattern for each block, but they turned out very nice and my clients loved the variety of the quilting. I can't imagine trying to hand quilt a t-shirt quilt. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 AM

I am doing a Jacob's Ladder top and then I will quilt a one patch on my bed.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 AM

Prewash backing and make the quilt sandwich for my current "Noodle Swap" quilt - don't know that I'll get much further than that!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 AM

I am making pumpkin rolls, chocolate rolls and banana rolls. I am raising money for a new sewing machine. Hope to have enough $$$ by the end of the year.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:40 AM

Nothing. I have four projects that need to be finished for Christmas but, my house is so nasty I have to clean it and with our son staying here now it is hard to get in my room to sew because he sleeps in there and watches TV in there. He says I do not bother him but, I do not have the heart to telll him that he is in my way.lol
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 AM

Trying a paint my number with fabric wall hanging. I think it will be neat when done, but lots of little pieces to cut and fuse. Then stitching around each piece. Not sure about that one.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 AM

I added some more repro civil war blues to my stash from yesterday's shopping at Lolly's in Shipshewanna Indiana. It was great fun shopping with my sewing pals. I may start cutting the fabrics as soon as I decide what pattern I will be using for the quilt but I need to finish a quilt I am making for my neice. I just hope I get time to sew!