Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are we all making this weekend? >

What are we all making this weekend?

What are we all making this weekend?

Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 PM

I'm not quite sure, yet. This week I have been messing around making a small quilt top. I found a tutorial for it on YouTube. Step by step directions were given as to how to cut the fabrics and sew it together. The amount of the fabric and the finished size were left out. It did state how many of each finished block I needed. I figured it out. I used leftovers since I was just playing and seeing if I would like it enough to make a "real" one. I didn't, so I took it all apart except for the 4 1/2 inch four square blocks. I was short on light fabric so I used the wrong side of the darker fabric and made the blocks out of the two sides. I really like them and am considering making a baby quilt this weekend. The green 4 square blocks match the green in the fun scarecrow fabric I have in my stash. I cut 2 1/2 inch blocks today and am considering how I will design my quilt. That is probably what I will play with this weekend. I did cut some 5 inch squares, too. So I have another choice in mind. Maybe a D9P since I like the first one I made two weeks ago. :) Whatever everyone decides to do, have fun.:)
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Marlys
Nothing! But I am meeting with several QB members tomorrow for lunch, show & tell, and a bit of shop hopping!
Sounds Great! Have fun. :)
Old 10-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Banned

I'm working on my Civil War quilt blocks :)
Old 10-28-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm working and need to ride my horses but when I'm home I need to start learning how to machine quilt.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:26 PM

Memories with a group of new friends.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 PM

Finishing up some thanksgiving table runners; 2 done just not labeled yet, one ready to have binding finished, last one ready to be machine quilted. All are for gifts so I need to finish and get them to two local recipents, one to another state and one to England. Whoops, forgot to make one for me as well!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 PM

I'm going to tie a dresden plate quilt my DH's grandmother made. I have the backing and batting ready to go. First thing tomorrow it will go on the dining room table to start.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Two decorative sofa pillows for gifts. Baking for a church Dinner on the Grounds on Sunday. We're having German food and I'm taking German muffins and Rindergulasch (German beef goulash served on top of rice since my husband can't eat wheat products such as dumplings). Unusual menu since we are a Texas Cowboy Baptist Church.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:42 PM

Bummer for me. I have to work all weekend and get ready for next week's guests. No quilting at all. :(
Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM

Finishing flannel Rag quilt. Hopfuly getting the rest of Christmas for my Idaho kids done this weekend or at least by next week end. They will be here for Thanksgiving and I want to have there Christmas ready to send home with them. If I get it all done by Sat nite then Sunday afternoon I can start on some other Christmas sewing that needs to get done before Dec. 1st.