Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would be a good price for a Voyager 17 & Hinterberg Stretch Frame? >

What would be a good price for a Voyager 17 & Hinterberg Stretch Frame?

What would be a good price for a Voyager 17 & Hinterberg Stretch Frame?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Question What would be a good price for a Voyager 17 & Hinterberg Stretch Frame?

It does not have the stitch regulator, but does have a few extras such as the fat foot and extended base. Also has handles on both front and back (not sure if that is standard?).

I've been wanting this setup for ages, and recently found one for sale. Dh is asking about pricing, since the Hinterberg website shows a refurb Voyager at $2400 and a new frame at $900.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:56 AM

The Voyager is a VERY heavy machine. It was my first mid arm machine, on a Proflex frame. I sold my machine for about $1200-1500. It's been awhile and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember. I then bought a Bailey and now I've got a Tin Lizzie sit down on order.
There are a lot of fans of the Voyager. It's a pretty machine too in comparison to the Bailey.
I think you'll be happy with no matter what you get - and if you buy it used and don't like it you will be able to resell it and not take much, if any loss depending on what you end up getting it for

I hope you post pics when you get her
Old 10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Thanks. My dh and I went to look at it today, and I got to try it out. Decided to buy it, but now I have to clear out the room to make space for it! I could have haggled over the price but decided not to, as she threw in a lot of extras including coming over to give me some lessons on it if needed. I am just SO happy to finally have a frame setup so I can move the machine instead of the quilt! I feel much more comfortable with that approach, and now I can actually finish that pile of tops sitting in a corner of the storage room!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 AM

Glad you got the setup. I have the same thing and have been very happy with it. And having the seller come over to give you some lessons will be worth it.