Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would U do in this case..... >

What would U do in this case.....

What would U do in this case.....

Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I would call her & ask if she decided on which pieces she wanted. Unless you specifically said you were "giving" all to her, she should at least return what she did not use & offer to pay for something is used.
I agree with donnajean. Maybe she won't pay, which seems to be okay for you -- but she should at least return what she didn't use. If she did use it and doesn't offer to pay, then tell her to "pay it forward". That's what I do anyhow when I share with fellow quilters (unless it's a huge amount of fabric).
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I would call her & ask if she decided on which pieces she wanted. Unless you specifically said you were "giving" all to her, she should at least return what she did not use & offer to pay for something is used.
I agree with donnajean. Maybe she won't pay, which seems to be okay for you -- but she should at least return what she didn't use. If she did use it and doesn't offer to pay, then tell her to "pay it forward". That's what I do anyhow when I share with fellow quilters (unless it's a huge amount of fabric).
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 AM

Maybe the older I get ....
I would call her, ask about the quilt but directly ask her how much she used and if there is any to return, and that y'all need to talk about a price for what she used. Direct, but courtious communication keeps things so much cleaner and keeps resentments from developing and festering.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 AM

I would call her too and ask here what is going on here.

You work to hard for your things to just fly by night to someone else.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:23 AM

Yes call her. There may be a good reason she has not called you and then again maybe you just need to be compensated for your kindness. Either way you have a right to call and say, how did the quilt turn out. Which peice did you use.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:25 AM

I would call her and ask how the fabric she received worked out. And what she had come up with on yardage. She clearly did not follow through with her committment. I'd call her on it and if it's going to cause an issue then I would let it go and call it a lesson learned. Sometimes people get busy and forget but a gentle reminder would be in line.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 AM

I would call and ask how the fabric worked out. I have a friend who can just focus on ONE THING at a time, and sometimes this plays out as being inconsiderate when it's really not intended to be. Give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe your call will jog her memory of paying you for the fabric.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 AM

I tend to be a little pessimistic also and would gently remind her that you had agreed that she would pay you for it. I've seen quilters when they think there are freebies and they are like vultures on carrion. At our guild's brown bag auction last year, I bought 25.00 worth of tickets and bid on only three items, one of which was a rail system for FMQ which is worth about 200.00. It had never been opened and there are several ladies in our guild who buy things and then never use them and then bring them to the auction. I didn't get it but when the lady who won it saw how disappointed I was, she came up afterwards and said to the lady in charge that she wanted me to have it. Another lady swooped in right then and took it. I was shocked!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 AM

She may have forgotten, but I don't see how she could have thought you were giving it to her. If she said she would measure it and call you so the two of you could agree on a price.........I would have inferred from that she intended to pay you. I, too, get real tired of people not doing what they say they are going to do, just in general, about anything. It gets old. Anyway, I hope you get it worked out.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 AM

I would call, ask about the wedding and the quilt. I'd inquire to see if the fabric worked out, and state that you knew she had been busy with the wedding, but you were wondering how things were going. I'd inquire if nothing else, to see how the reaction goes ... I too am curious how this turned out. Please let us know.

Good luck!