Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this block?

What would you do with this block?

My best friend is undergoing chemo for an aggressive cancer. I made her a Chemo quilt, and then I ran across this pattern from Burlap and Blossom....my friend has a miniature schnauzer that she adores. My plan was to make a pillow with this, but now I am thinking maybe not. Ideas? This block is 12. Some tiny pieces! . And my DH thinks the tiny hearts on the background look like flies! Haha.
    Thank you.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a cute block. You could make a tote out of it. She would probably use a tote bag much more than a pillow. A 12" block won't make a very large tote bag so you will need to slap a few borders on it to get it up to size.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    What a cute block. You could make a tote out of it. She would probably use a tote bag much more than a pillow. A 12" block won't make a very large tote bag so you will need to slap a few borders on it to get it up to size.
    Love the tote idea! You are so smart! Thank you!

Power Poster
    Well first I would admire it and pet it! Sew cute and would look great on a tote or pillow!

Blog Entries
    let it be fleas. it is a dog. so very cute. i think a tote bag would be awfully cute!!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I agree with putting some borders on it and making a tote. That's an adorable block. Where did you find it?
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Cute block and I think a tote made with this block would be very nice. Just add some borders to make it larger if you like and then she could bring whatever she likes (a book, a bottle of water etc.) in the tote to her treatments. Very kind of you to do this and please share a picture of what your finish will be.

Quote Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
    I agree with putting some borders on it and making a tote. That's an adorable block. Where did you find it?
    Here is her Etsy shop.... I have made several of her patterns, and she has several different dog patterns.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BurlapBlossomPattern

Quote Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
    Here is her Etsy shop.... I have made several of her patterns, and she has several different dog patterns.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BurlapBlossomPattern
    Thanks. Those are so cute. I'll have to check back and see if she does a dachshund in the future.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Pillow! That’s just adorable! Hugs n prayers for your friend.
    Lisa

I think the pillow or the tote would both be appreciated. The pattern is really cute, and I don't see flies or fleas (which would be pretty funny), just hearts.

I love that block & also love the idea of a tote for your friend. I made a couple of cute totes that included partial mesh sides that turned out really cute. Went to look for the pattern & can't find it right now. Now I'm wondering if I just found a tutorial online or if it was actually a pattern that I bought. I don't have a pic of them as I lost all my pics when my computer crashed last year.

What a good friend you are to try to help during this time of need.

Such a cute block! The tote bag idea is a good one, but I think a pillow would also be appreciated. Sometimes just nice to have a place to rest your arms while seated or in bed, especially with this sweet little face. So good of you to do this for your friend. And no, it doesn't look like fleas, sounds like something my DH would come up with

Such a cute block, I vote for a tote. Your dear friend unfortunately will be going to a lot of appt's and will be needing a tote to bring everything with her. Make sure it's big enough to hold the chemo quilt you made her too for her treatment days. Give your friend a hug every chance you get.
    To many quilts, not enough wine.

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP, Special Edition
    Vingtage Dressmaker 7000 Heavy Duty

I'd make the pillow! She can hug it when she feels the need! I'd add borders to make it larger -- 14 or 16 inches. I think she'll love it.....and your thoughtfulness, knowing how she feels about her dog. It's adorable! (And I don't think the tiny hearts look like flies!)

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    That is a terrific idea!
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

As a cancer survivor, I vote Tote!
    What an adorable block!

All the best to your friend.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-11-2019 at 02:22 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Blog Entries
    I vote Tote! It seems more reassuring to me also a cancer survivor. Wishing your friend a quick recovery.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Cute block-no matter what you decide to do with it. I know your friend will appreciate your gift.

Checked out the website you directed us to and some of the patterns are so adorable. I've marked her as a "Favorite" so I can go back and find her again. Thank you!

If you make the tote big enough she can tuck the chemo quilt in there.
    Vic Tori Ann Work Shop

Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    If you make the tote big enough she can tuck the chemo quilt in there.
    Yes! And some magazines, iPad maybe some snacks.

Blog Entries
    Just a very sweet block and well done!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Cute block and I would go with the tote. You made her a chemo quilt to hang on to and hug so a tote to carry the things she needs or wants to take along would be a good idea.

Thank you for posting the link to her shop. I am going to order two of them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast