Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what would you do with these fabrics? >

what would you do with these fabrics?

what would you do with these fabrics?

Old 08-22-2013, 05:35 AM

the African print would make a beauty of a quilt for fall. I love that one.
Pat
Old 08-22-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
Please remember, the original question is what "I" would do:

The first one, being a really interesting African print, first I would slice each of the qtr circle parts into 3 wedges, that would give me 6. Then, out of the remaining brown, and maybe with some additional browns, blacks, and maybe using a french braid type pattern on them I'd cut enough wedges to make a circle. That would be the center of my quilt. I would add maybe some log cabin blocks at the corners and make a rectangle/square, and border it with animal prints fabrics, maybe in some type of zig zag pattern. Then I'd FMQ basenjis all over it! I would use some copper metallic thread for some of it

I'd make it really busy, as that's how basenjis are

Now, what do I suggest you do? Let your imagination go, and let your creative side have fun!

The second one? My brain's too tired after all that creative thinking - I have nothing
I don't completely understand this; I haven't studied it enough, but this would use the fabric as intended. Also Jackie (post #10) sort of said the same thing.

The second piece would be a second quilt - table topper - wall hanging - ???. They will be lovely however you use them. Can't wait to see a picture of the finished product - products.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Wow, wish I could find bits of fabric like that. I wouldn't want to cut the up either!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Banned

I love the first fabric. I would not cut it. I would make a wall hanging or a whole cloth quilt.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM

The first thing I thought of was a skirt. I sewed a bunch of border skirts in the early 80's. It drew the eye to the pattern and I was able to have quite a few, because I made them. Thanks to Mrs Patton for teaching me how to sew.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
Please remember, the original question is what "I" would do:

The first one, being a really interesting African print, first I would slice each of the qtr circle parts into 3 wedges, that would give me 6. Then, out of the remaining brown, and maybe with some additional browns, blacks, and maybe using a french braid type pattern on them I'd cut enough wedges to make a circle. That would be the center of my quilt. I would add maybe some log cabin blocks at the corners and make a rectangle/square, and border it with animal prints fabrics, maybe in some type of zig zag pattern. Then I'd FMQ basenjis all over it! I would use some copper metallic thread for some of it

I'd make it really busy, as that's how basenjis are

Now, what do I suggest you do? Let your imagination go, and let your creative side have fun!

The second one? My brain's too tired after all that creative thinking - I have nothing
I didn't choose basenjis as my stitching pattern 'just because'
I chose them because they are from Africa, and I make quilts as prizes for our national show, using a lot of African print fabric