Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you pay for these two binders?

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    You made me snort!!!
    It was my intention to get a chuckle and maybe even a snort! What is even cuter is that the seller said that those folks on ebay and other places were severely underestimating the value of these quilting patterns and that they will be burned before he gives them away for nothing... Some days it is great to get that belly laugh or even when you get a snort.

Those monthly sets were very popular many years ago. I have one from probably 30 years ago. I wouldn't give 25 cents for it now. Let him burn the books--as if you care. They certainly aren't worth $300.00. Some people advertise on Craigslist thinking they will make a fortune. Thanks for the laugh today.
    Sue

Banned
    He has an offer of $200 for them and is now working out the method to get them to the buyer. I wrote him and expressed surprise at the price for such an old and out of dated book (I didn't use those words exactly) His answers were a bit condesending. Says anyone here should grab the one on ebay or give him a "reasonable" offer. His buyer must really want them.

Blog Entries
    I think he has his head in the clouds and just picked a nice big number to fill his pockets with. Obviously did not do his homework. I doubt he will be selling these anytime soon, unless someone has more $ than sense. But, it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Nope, I'd not pay $300 or even near that much. He's way overpriced those patterns!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...B5F8C60F07.png
    There is no snooze button on a hungry cat!

You can buy a new copy of this for $25.99

I have those binders. I would not pay that much. They are old and have only the old traditional patterns.

I got rid of a bunch of those last summer with out the binder. Pay nothing!

Blog Entries
    This is a case where "greed" is looking for "stupidity" - obviously he won't have any luck here.

My MIL has a bunch of - well, let's just call it what it is: Crap - and she sets her prices at the yard sales waaaaay too high AND she won't negotiate. Then she wonders why she has to haul the crap back in the garage. I stay far away when she has a yard sale. The sad thing is that her garage is so full to overflowing that she needs to pay for a storage unit. I don't think I need to tell you what's in it.....
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

He does not know what their value.

He must be smoking the same thing this guy is. http://houston.craigslist.org/atq/2862174808.html
    Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    It was my intention to get a chuckle and maybe even a snort! What is even cuter is that the seller said that those folks on ebay and other places were severely underestimating the value of these quilting patterns and that they will be burned before he gives them away for nothing... Some days it is great to get that belly laugh or even when you get a snort.
    Agree with the funny reactions here.

I don't want them. So I'd pay nothing. These kinds of notebooks are common at Goodwill or Saver's or Value Village - for a few dollars.

He is letting his emotional attachment to the quilter and his knowledge of how much they cost originally severely distort his ability to be realistic in how much he can get from there.

His best bet would be in throwing them in with some fabric he sells---for free, just to get them out of the house.

Blog Entries
    I bet you can find all the patterns on line FREE. I think Craigs list is not as good as it was, nor safe much of the time
    Patski
    always learning

Blog Entries
    I have one of the binders. I think it was a pattern of the month type program. I threw out the patterns and plastic templates and kept the binder. The patterns are free online.
    Got fabric?

I picked up those same 2 binders full of patterns for $1.00 each at the local library sale. At the next sale they had 2 more from Georgia Bonesteel and they were called Spinning Spools - also $1.00 each. I leafed through them all one time and they are downstairs sitting on the shelf. They look pretty sitting there.
    It's a good thing you asked.

Blaaaaahhh!!!! That's a hoot!
    Quote Originally Posted by sewgray View Post
    He must be smoking the same thing this guy is. http://houston.craigslist.org/atq/2862174808.html

My first reaction was, "He is out of his mind!!!"
    Life has given me so much more than scraps, but I make quilts anyway!
    http://www.wickedcool.etsy.com

Wow that is a lot of money for patterns you can buy brand new patterns now starting at $6 and up it sounds like someone is trying to get rich off a deceased relative. If and that's a big if there was any chance that they are valuable then it should have been appraised for value.

I have one of those same binders, I bought at an estate or yard sale, couldn't have been more than $3 or $4, I wouldn't have bought it if it was more.

Thanks for the laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by sewgray View Post
    Shannon

Thanks to you all for the morning chuckles !!
    Amythyst

I have much better ways of spending $300.00. That is way too high for patterns.

Blog Entries
    Someone else trying to profit from someone else's death. Remember those offers we used to get in the mail for a pattern a month at X dollars, till you completed the set? I had knitting patterns like that, that I fell for. Well, I found the directions difficult to follow and most of them I would not even use. So I would say maybe $10 a binder at most. It bothers me that someone wouldn't just take them to Goodwill or something, rather than sell them for some exorbitant price on CL.

Blog Entries
    I agree with pretty much everyone who has posted already. No, not worth it. Thanks auntpiggy who researched it and found one on ebay for $19.95!!!

Simply absurd what some people try to milk others for!
    Go forth and sew!

Too many free patterns online to bother with that. For $300.00 you could pick out a lot of pattern that you actually do like. JMHO Wendy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast