Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: What would you pay for these two binders?

that seems exspensive to me

I have the same book, had it for several years. I don't think it is worth that much! I would think about it very carefully before I would pay that much for any book.

I have had those same books for several years. They are good, but not that good. He is trying to pull a fast one.

These volumes look just like the ones I inherited from my mother. It has the templates to cut the quilt pieces but it is pre rotary cutting era and doesn't give instructions for rotary cutting all the quilt pieces like we are used to now. This makes the patterns useless other than to look at for me. Of course I would never get rid of the book because my mother compiled it and did several of the patterns so it's priceless to me in that way but not useful as I would not go back to cutting out quilt blocks like this.

Blog Entries
    Our quilt guild gets $3.00 a binder for similar ones. He's whistling Dixie.
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

no way I really think this guy is out of his ever loving mind

good luck to the seller!!!!!!

I had one of those, subscribed maybe 20 yrs ago or more when first got into quilting, it was like a book club type of thing. Initial purchase then every couple of months a new pattern sent & another fee paid. I cancelled when I realized it was much too expensive & I liked quilt books better. To make matters worse I never used a single pattern, & when moving donated it to Goodwill. Darn, $300, it will be interesting if he get a buyer.

I have a very similar collection I got free at an ASG retreat. These days you can get almost anything you want online free or next to nothing. I think he's nuts too!
    :-)
    CAS

Forgot to mention I do not refer to all of that, there is always something new and exciting coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    I have a very similar collection I got free at an ASG retreat. These days you can get almost anything you want online free or next to nothing. I think he's nuts too!
    :-)
    CAS

I also have those two binders and would love to get $300 for them. They are the most expensive quilting books I ever bought. I would never do this again or recommend it to anyone. They cost more than that to accumulate and that was a long ime ago. I did make a lot of the patterns in the books. I also have the Christmas one. And a cookbook collection from Southern Living that must have cost me a fortune before I quit buying those once a month "books". If he got $50 for them, he would probably be doing well!
    Sharon (Gypsylady)

Certainly not $300! I hope he doesn't hold his breath waiting for sombody to buy at this price---He will turn blue!

Maybe $20.00 each? Regardless...they are used, not new...they have been opened and put in the binders. Let him keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
    These were posted on Morgantown WV Craigslist- http://morgantown.craigslist.org/art/2806537140.html

He is firm on the $300, too.

Just thought I would post so if anyone has a set of these binders...
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Found this---for your consideration----http://simplysewing.ecrater.com/p/12404649/best-loved-quilt-patterns-templates

check it out----http://simplysewing.ecrater.com/p/12404649/best-loved-quilt-patterns-templates

If I were in a really generous mood, $10 (including shipping). These days, virtually all patterns are available for no charge online. There are so many patterns in the public domain, that one could never live long enough to make all of them. He is, I'm afraid, into magical thinking. Either that, or he thinks quilters are dumb. This is one of those deals you could probably say "thanks, but no thanks" to. If you just have to have them, at least do some research first, to see if the ones included in these binders are available online.

I have over 300,books and magazines,pepole come to me all the time wantin to use them,I have went though a lot more gimmvin them away BUT I WILL SELL THEM TO YOU if you want to spend that. Money,lol. No I wouldn't buy them there is to many free ones out there

nothing. I have four binders of patterns mtself. He's just trying to get your money, for ojects unseen.
    Nothing beats a try but a failure.
    We all fall short of the mark.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4