Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is WRONG with my machine??? >

What is WRONG with my machine???

What is WRONG with my machine???

Old 12-22-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
When you rethread the machine, make sure your presser foot is up - that opens up the tension disks so the top thread will be seated properly.

Janet
That is good to know, thanks!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Oh my, I just posted on another thread (about the Janomes) that my little machine was acting up. It started yesterday when I was teaching my granddaughter. The last time, I sewed on it...about a month ago...no problem at all. It's been set up on my sewing cabinet. It's basically new and I can't find any "dust bunnies/lint" lurking.

Could it be that Santa threw all the gremlins out of the North Pole cause he needed to get HIS work done???? And they then invaded us???
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 AM

Try changing your needle. If you have cleaned the bobbin area and rethreaded, this would be my next step.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Sometimes the thread doesn't have enough tension when winding onto the bobbin and this affects how the machine sews as well. Rewind another bobbin and see what happens.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 PM

My Brother machine has started breaking the top thread; not all the time, but enough to slow down my progress and be quite frustrating. I have not figured out what's causing it.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
My Brother machine has started breaking the top thread; not all the time, but enough to slow down my progress and be quite frustrating. I have not figured out what's causing it.
It's the Christmas elves playing since they are thru with their work for the year!! My Brother PE700II started breaking thread yesterday and it's on a thread it likes!! I ran thru my checklist and did all the little mechanics that usually work but it still is breaking. It is the top thread and it seems to be shredding somewhere in the tension disks. I've cleaned the disks with dental floss and it will sew for a little bit and then break again. I'm stitching a one-color design which can't be camouflaged so I have to sit and watch it carefully. Right now, it's just sitting in my machine because I had to get away from it before I threw the thing out in the yard...AND I LOVE MY MACHINE!!!! Oh, well, I guess it wanted to be on Christmas break, too.