Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you adding to your stash these days?

whatever I can get my hands on! When I moved here from Ohio, my huge box of fabric(mostly scraps given to me, and remnants,) wouldnt fit on the truck- that truck was packed full! So I didnt sew/quilt for a while. Im up to about a shoe box size now LOL, but I've been adding whatever I can, lots of solids and vintagey type patterns that Ive been finding at garage sales. I walked into my first LQS, just got 2 FQ, but I wanted half the store LOL. Im really loving lots of Moda prints-so classic and I love Joel Dewberry. Doing lots of window shopping on Etsy!

I have a question- what are blenders?? And Im definitely going to get some jelly rolls at one point, love that tutorial on here using 1 jelly roll for a quilt.

Blog Entries
    Blenders and novlity prints.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    This past summer it was so hot that it looks like I bought a TON of fabric: blenders, batiks, solids for backings, charm packs and jellyrolls galore!
    Most of what I bought is good for anything but I went a bit bonkers on batiks :D

I need about 100 people to come help me. Any volunteers?? My husband is a fab cook and will feed you all hahaha
    Uh... sounds like you have so much "eye candy" there that everyone's appetite would be spoiled anyway, so your husband would not have to spend much time in the kitchen!
    Hahahaha. yeah, well I was on the computer a lot and you know how online shopping is so easy!! The heat was just awful so I shopped, quilted, and watched the Yankees in AC all summer :D

My DD and neices will like Metro Kitchen (Robert Kauffman).

As little as possible, as I seem to be drowning in fabric and lacking much motivation!

I just bought some beautiful Christmas fabric from Moda at my LQS as well as some mottled "solids" to coordinate. I'm thinking I'll make a tree skirt for my little artificial Christmas tree, if I have time this year.

I have been adding batiks , blenders, and am always on the hunt for great Metalics.
    FYI - it is getting harder and harder to find black/gold metallics that are not a Christmas theme.

Nothing! I'm trying to get rid of stuff I'll never use. :thumbup:

I'm trying to have discipline as well. Worked my quilt show this weekend and didn't buy a piece of fabric but eyed a few and may get them later at two of my local quilt shops.

I am a sucker for fall prints and some Halloween prints at this time of year. I also recently bought some Christmas fabric -well, winter theme for a Christmas present.

What I should be buying are tone on tones and blenders to use up some stash.

I have been adding 3 yards each of blenders and batiks. I have lots of floral and tons of fat quarters but almost no blenders or fabrics that work well with lots of different projects.

dls
    A beautiful piece of Asian fabric and several 1/2 yard cuts from the Moda portabello collection.

Asian Prints and Batiks are what are calling my name lately. I bought some gorgeous Robert Kaufman from you recently and love it!!!!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Kaufman has been doing a great job lately! Over the past couple of years, they've really done some gorgeous prints. I'm thinking particularly of their Asians and their Christmas collections.

It used to be that only Hoffman did the traditional-colored holiday fabrics with metallic... but now Kaufman does them as well and they are every bit as wonderful.

(I just wish Kaufman hadn't raised their prices. But that's a whole other issue!)

I only wish I had a stash! I amjust getting back to quilting and have nothing. My husband is retired so limited (very limited) to money. I know God will send me an answer, He usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Kaufman has been doing a great job lately! Over the past couple of years, they've really done some gorgeous prints. I'm thinking particularly of their Asians and their Christmas collections.

It used to be that only Hoffman did the traditional-colored holiday fabrics with metallic... but now Kaufman does them as well and they are every bit as wonderful.

(I just wish Kaufman hadn't raised their prices. But that's a whole other issue!)
    I completely agree! I was once just a Hoffman girl when it came to Holiday prints and metalics but the last few years more and more of my purchases have been Kaufman. ( about 75/25 with Kaufman getting the highest) They ( kaufman) have some outstanding prints. They also have a great batik line. But this one shocked me ....Moda has some great batiks as well. I had not thought of Moda and batiks in the same sentence but they have some outstanding batiks.
    The last great metalic series Hoffman had was the "Kasmir" collection. I was unable to resist this collection.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BATIKS & more batiks!!!! Also backings

I'm trying to behave a bit and have been good. When I do buy fabric (usually a sale I can't resist) it's blenders, white/neutrals, and some batiks. Something that I can work into my other fabrics.
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Just received in $2.49 a yard polar bear, manitee, shark and penguin Timeless Treasures fabric from Fabric.com . I also recieved in the army fabric that I ordered from them. Originally I was going to only order the army fabric but when I saw the animal prints, some my favorites on clearance, well I had to order some for backing. I plan to make gift quilts from these fabrics using the animal print for backing.

I am looking for chicken-y prints. I want to do a chicken quilt. Also blenders and tone-on-tones. Batiks would be nice, but am on limited budget!

I went shopping this week to the thrift stores and found some xmas fabrics. I also got a book by Georgia Bonesteel New ideas for Lap Quilting.

I just discovered that I LOVE batiks...our LQS had some Fat quarters for 2.50.....bought a bunch of blues, purples, teals, SO PRETTY!

Blog Entries
    I love retro prints and have bought a few lately. I am refinishing my grandparent's dresser that has been in my basement for five years. When I emptied it to strip the drawers, guess what I found? More fabric (two huge drawers full) that I had stashed there when I moved into this house five years ago. I think I will remain on a diet till I make some of it disappear.

Banned
    I do a batik wallhanging for gifts and chairity auctions and occasionally add to that stash since the design uses the same color and type of fabric. Rather like adding yeast to the sourdough or however dourdough is made.
    I did pick up 50 yds of assorted seconds yesterday which will do good for crib qult backings.
    Otherwise, I try and buy only for a project.

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    I'm on a stash diet until I use up some of what I have.
    Ditto!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast