Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 05-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Just sat down after a long morning. I hung up new blinds on my 5 bedroom windows. Of course the hardware was not the same as what I already had so needed to change that as well. Washed all the curtains and the bedding. Just finished putting the quilt back on the bed. While I was inside working my DH was straightening up the garage and the shed and is still outside. He had hoped to get started on the yardwork but alas, it's raining now. Still need to get the lawn furniture up. Tomorrow I am sewing. I have 3 bags I need to finish before July 4 as well as a wallhanging that is about 2/3 done. Don't really have a desire to get out in the crowds and traffic for holidays. I live near a Six Flags park and the freeways are jammed so even going out to the fabric store is just crazy. Luckily I made my Joanne's trek last night. Beat the crowds so I'm happy.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:39 PM

I'm working on a couple different quilting projects this weekend. We sprayed for ants outside this afternoon and pulled a few weeds from the landscaping. I looked sadly at the tomato plants. They just don't look good. I don't know if it's all the rain we got or what. I just hope they survive. We're going to grill out tomorrow and I'm trying to decide if I need a Joanns run or not. They don't carry any of the W&W packaged batting and I don't really need any thread at the moment; those are the 2 big things I usually buy at Joanns.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:40 PM

Me? Sewing for three yes three days. Dont hve to work on Mon OR tues. Whopee! {{{so why am I on the computer?}}}}
Old 05-28-2011, 02:47 PM

My sister and her teenage son are visiting,and tomorrow we are meeting up with my brother and his daughters and partners and my daughters and partners.....with me so far !!!
So family all the way for me this weekend !
Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

I'm enjoying being at home! Had my son spend the night and part of today. Had a great visit! Plan on "catching up" on some sewing projects too! :)
Old 05-28-2011, 02:54 PM

I had a garage sale today..but it was pretty much a bust, lots of traffic but few sales. Only made $26.00...so DH and I are going out to eat. Did work on a quilt while I was sitting outside. That is a new experience! Quite a challenge too, fighting the breeze and hanging onto blocks. LOL. Anyway all was not lost. Plan to spend the next two days doing more of the same and then Tues ... back to work. :-(
Old 05-28-2011, 05:24 PM

Yesterday and today I went shopping for fabric :) Hit the weekend sale at Hayloft Fabrics and today went to Joanns :thumbup: Will post pictures tomorrow

DH and I went out to dinner both nights, so tomorrow is dinner at home for sure!

Tomorrow after I do some cleaning and closet switching I hope to play with my fabrics 8-) .

robin
Old 05-28-2011, 10:04 PM

After the last few mornings of -1/-2degC, the days have been nice and sunny so DH has done the trimming of all trees and bushes in the yard (under my supervision) :)

I have completed a large quilt top, put borders on a small red/white/black 'Think Outside the Box' wallhanging and cut up squares to go around a scrap Think Outside the Box wallhanging.

:( Now I have to clean the house - its getting towards the end of the weekend for me, back to work tomorrow
Old 05-28-2011, 10:41 PM

Attended a wedding - 1 sonwss best man; another son officiated at the ceremony; DIL was the professional wedding photographer. It was supposed to be outdoors - thank goodness for "Plan B" - inside a big barn-like structure, with decorations, tables, dinner, music, etc. Guests were handed umbrellas as they got out of their cars!
More snow in the mountains around us - Glacier National Park received another foot of snow last night. If any of you are planning a vacation to the Park, know that though some campgrounds are open, the "Going to the Sun" road over Logan Pass may not open for weeks yet - there are at least 16 feet deep snowdrifts for the plows to push aside; may be one of the latest openings ever in the Park's over 100 year history.
And the rain has cancelled any other plans we may have had - riding our horses, planting the garden, other yard work; hoping for better weather later into the week.
Happy Memorial day & BBQ time to all of you!
Jan
Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 AM

After almost 9 weeks with a now permanently dislocated arm, finally got enough movement to be able to do some sewing. Almost finished machine quilting a nine patch. Seeing orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and hope to finish quilt after I get home. :)