Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:54 AM

Me, I went to our local "feast of the flowering moon". We have it every year in May. It runs all weekend long.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:04 AM

I am going to cook up some potato salad, homemade baked beans, barbeque a rack of ribs and bake carrot bars for my husband and me for Memorial Day. Other than that I plan to work in the yard and work on a baby quilt that I am doing in pinwheels and another in the Depression pattern. I do a lot of my sewing on the patio and that is what I am going to do this weekend. No chasing around or anything.

Come Father's Day and our anniversary, the kids are coming over and we will have a fun celebration that day, besides they have fencing to put up this weekend. They have a baby goat that can jump straight up 5 feet and over the fence. Busy hands!!!!! I, too, hope we don't get any more rain. Right now it is dark and gloomy, but there is no wind. So, we'll just see how the day goes. Got flowers taken to four different cemeteries yesterday, so that is all taken care of. Now it is just some cooking and doing what we would like to do for the rest of the weekend. Don't forget to fly your flag and God Bless America. Edie
Old 05-29-2011, 03:25 AM

We took flowers to the cemeteries yesterday then I baked a
Texas sheet cake and a turkey breast and a small ham to slice for sandwiches. We are having a family open house this afternoon. Others will be bring 'carry-in' dishes. We expect a little over 20 people. The race will be on the radio if we can get it in of course. That is an old tradition. Looking forward to good weather as last week brought high winds and a small tornado that devastated a section on the other side of town.
We were very fortunate that one missed us.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:31 AM

Well lets see, It started yesterday. I had to add another row to the king size rag quilt that I made a while back for my son to give to a friend as a BD gift. Then I went to JoAnn fabric to buy warm and natural that was on sale for half price. By the way they have big sale going on and still only one person at the cutting table. Then I went to Hancock fabric. I found the blue and white fabric I have been searching for, which was on sale. Then I decided to look and see if they had the Ez3 hand quilting frame on sale. They did and my wonderful DH bought it for me. I am doing the happy happy dance. I can not wait to get it put together and get started. Yippe!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:15 AM

I am starting to hand quilt a queen sized log cabin quilt that I made for my son. It has taken me two years to get to this point. I want to have it done for Christmas.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 AM

Remembering those who have give us the freedom to do what we do.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:31 AM

It's a holiday weekend in the UK too. I'm spending time quilting - having finally managed to persuade my machine to do FMQ without the tension going crazy, I'm enjoying myself! This morning I went to an exhibition by 2 textile artists who are producing wonderful original work based on quilting but taking it much, much further. So inspiring.
It's just started to rain, so now I have the perfect excuse not to do all the gardening that's waiting for me - back to the sewing machine!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:46 AM

Binding a quilt for a fellow teacher who will retire at the end of June.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 AM

DH and I are watching the Indy 500 - we have attended all but two races since 1990, but he had surgery on May 13 and the doctor said "no" to the long road trip. Our son is there with friends, so we will be looking for live reports from him as to what the view is from our seats.

We may take a shorter road trip to one of the Missouri dams that is not far from here to see the water flowing out of the open gates, giving prayers of thanks for the vision of men years ago, who built the dams to save towns on the river below them.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 AM

I'm going to my sister -in - laws for a cookout. Looking forward to it, a lot of good food and I'm not cooking.