Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do today?????

I'm working on an I-Spy quilt for my 16-month old grandson for Christmas. I've collected my fabrics and today I am tracing and cutting out the pictures, which are octagon shaped. Needless to say, I'll be working at this for some time. It's raining on OH today, so it's a good day to stay inside and play with fabric. :)

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    it is nearly 9am here and overcast and I am trying to get motivated to go clean out the chicken coop...not my most fun job i can tell you! I also need to do some weeding but not sure I will feel like it once I have cleaned out the chicken coop.
    I have already tidied out the pantry this morning, made us all porridge for breakfast and put a loaf of bread on in the breadmaker. Hopefully I will get in some sewing time today unless i decide to get creative in the kitchen. Hope everyone has a great day!

I'll be working on two ufo's and also finishing up a customer quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
    First thing I did was get up and move all of my crafts I've been painting on. I had to move all my stuff because my hubby just got back from Idaho. Had to pick him up yesterday evening. One of the guys got a bull elk. So he will be cutting up elk meat. I know the kids in TN are thrilled. They always get some.

Now since that chore is done, I've been gathering my things up to put in the shop down town. Have all the good ole errands to do. Bank, pharmacy, grocery store.

Then when I come back and get everything put away. I'm headed to my craft house to work a bit. And when it gets later, I'll come back down and work on stuff at the house.

Oh, yes! I forgot. I also have to make some biscuits and fry elk tenerloin. Thought I was going to have hubby home at night. But they changed the shift for him. They are starting a double shift to get the bridge going faster. So put him on night shift. That's means I have to be quiet during the day.

Oh, change of plans already. I don't have to go out until tomorrow. Yea!!!!!!

I get to start on crafts right away.

I'll check back to see what all you are going to do or have done today. I'll let you know what I've gotten done. Lots I hope!!!!!
    Make a Waldorf salad for the AARP luncheon. When I get home it's back to cleaning out so my adult GD can move into two rooms. She had her hours cut and simply can't make it on her check now. Soooooooo what ate Grammas for? I've got the room. Also get my very own Vet Tech for my three cats and two dogs plus a house and animal baby sitter when I travel which I do often. Good deal both ways. Oh and the extra money (much less rent than she's paying now) will buy more fabric.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday was my day finished alot of small things, mug rugs, thread catchers, etc...Today, take DH to the outpatient for eye surgery...bring home and baby him,

Oh I forgot. Friend and I are going to Boston for a 9 day bus tour next week. Have to start pulling out "what to wear" stuff, suitcases, finish up some newbies and shorten some tee shirts. I use the "cutoff" pieces to decorate the shirts. If they get any longer, they'll be down to my knees and I'm 5'6".

Did a little bit of housework this morning, then sat and worked on some machine quilting 'til lunch.

raining here to day. so will get my sewing room up and going. i put my machines all away for the summer because i have a large lawn and lots of flowers and three gardens that keep me busy. i been itching to get them set back up. better clean it up first

Blog Entries
    Hope to get a little sewing done today. yesterday I had unexpected company so that killed my sewing for the day. I think I have a free day today. We will see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
    First thing I did was get up and move all of my crafts I've been painting on. I had to move all my stuff because my hubby just got back from Idaho. Had to pick him up yesterday evening. One of the guys got a bull elk. So he will be cutting up elk meat. I know the kids in TN are thrilled. They always get some.

Now since that chore is done, I've been gathering my things up to put in the shop down town. Have all the good ole errands to do. Bank, pharmacy, grocery store.

Then when I come back and get everything put away. I'm headed to my craft house to work a bit. And when it gets later, I'll come back down and work on stuff at the house.

Oh, yes! I forgot. I also have to make some biscuits and fry elk tenerloin. Thought I was going to have hubby home at night. But they changed the shift for him. They are starting a double shift to get the bridge going faster. So put him on night shift. That's means I have to be quiet during the day.

Oh, change of plans already. I don't have to go out until tomorrow. Yea!!!!!!

I get to start on crafts right away.

I'll check back to see what all you are going to do or have done today. I'll let you know what I've gotten done. Lots I hope!!!!!
    I help a friend of mine clean and cut up venison and the biggest treat is when I get home I take the tenderloin, cut it into medallions, fry it up and serve it with toast, pickles and a salad and potato chips. We make sandwiches and dip it in Heinz 57 sauce. Oh, Mercy, that is good. Looking forward to deer season in Minnesota and Wisconsin this year. I have a recipe for Hunter's soup that is out of this world. PM me and I will be glad to send it to you. Edie

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Got up at 6 and had my coffee and going to hit the road to go wedding shopping with daughter in Novi today. This is my first trip to drive myself,usually hubby does all the driving.

My friends and I are going shop hopping!

I have a market tote bag to sew together today for my local quilt shop to display. I make samples for Calico Hutch in Hayward, MN. This pattern is an Amy Butler pattern and the best part about sewing for them is I get to spend my earnings right there at Calico Hutch!

Can a half bushel of pears, laundry, and cook something.

Sewing strips light to dark for the Rockin' Rail Fence. need to get started on a Baby pinwheels and 9 patch for 4th Grandaughter arriving in January.

Blog Entries
    Lucky me is spending the day at my LQS sewing, it's a free sew bring what you want day.Love to get together with like minded friends, we have a great time.

Well, today is the 20th and I'm going to celebrate my birthday! I'm on vacation and it's started off with a bang...my husband is in the hospital since last night. He had a mild heart attack. But he's okay...they'll be doing test today to find out more.
    Thank God for my two children...they are my strength!

So today I'll spend the morning with my daughter and see my son later today. Will go to the hospital to be with my husband.

Enjoy your day today as each day is a special gift!

I'm going to love on some babies at the local MOPS meeting so their mommies can connect with other mommies. Run errands in town and then home to hand quilt one of the most fascinating quilts anyone has ever asked me to quilt. Made with 30's reproduction fabrics and a variety of quilt blocks. (Pics will come of the finished product. Just started quilting it last week, so it will be a while.)

I'm heading to Crossville, TN, this morning for my quilting class. I am making placemats for friends for Christmas. Also, am binding four quilts (three are also Christmas gifts).

HummerGardenCrafts ... please tell us about your craft house ... I'm thrilled with my craft room.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weasier22
    Well, today is the 20th and I'm going to celebrate my birthday! I'm on vacation and it's started off with a bang...my husband is in the hospital since last night. He had a mild heart attack. But he's okay...they'll be doing test today to find out more.
    Thank God for my two children...they are my strength!

So today I'll spend the morning with my daughter and see my son later today. Will go to the hospital to be with my husband.

Enjoy your day today as each day is a special gift!
    Glad to hear DH is doing ok &
    Happy B-Day!

Blog Entries
    return fabric I bought a day early and JoAnn's and repurchase it. I asked if I can do that.... they said, they cannot stop me.... so back I go to get almost $13 back.... and spend it on something else there.

Blog Entries
    I will be going grocery shopping to head out to the lake to go fishing with my husband. I still haven't decided if that is a good idea or what. LOL

Blog Entries
    Finish up looking at QB while SO is makeing breakfast, then head for sewing room to work on a Log Cabin. Plan on spending the day there until supper time.

I am finishing my friendship block quilt (top only). Due as a UFO at quilt club on Thursday. I never thought I'd ever get it done. It's turning out gorgeous! I will try to post pictures later.

Blog Entries
    I have to finish removing wallpaper off a bathroom. then I will quilt a Fall wall hanging I machine embroidered. I think I will try using metallica thread. Wish me luck!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast