Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for Christmas? >

What are you making for Christmas?

What are you making for Christmas?

Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 PM

Totes for everyone.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I'm making purses and table runners. I got a purse pattern in Des Moines at the AQS show and showed it to my mom. She tole me that all the other ladies in her coffee group had purses like that and it would make a gret gift. I made one and showed it to my girls. Now I have 4 more to make before I get one for me!!!! It will keep me busy.
Show us the pattern PLEASE :lol:
Old 11-07-2010, 06:21 PM

I am making a Eagle Continium wall quilt for DH,Memory throw quilt for SIL,Snowman throw quilt for sister and cat throw for DD.DGS a Mizzoui throw and Mom a throw quilt.That's it! The rest are getting cash.The easy way out LOL.

All of you sound so ambitious! I have found I have loads of Christmas fabric scraps so to use them up, I'm cutting them into 3" wide strips and sewing them end to end. After I have made my "fabric square" out of all the scraps I fold them in four, pur on a batting and binding I cut as big a circile as possible. Then it's use a decorative stitch in all the lin es of stitching, make the hold and bind. I hardly have any scraps left and can now go on to other things.

All of you sound so ambitious! I have found I have loads of Christmas fabric scraps so to use them up, I'm cutting them into 3" wide strips and sewing them end to end. After I have made my "fabric square" out of all the scraps I fold them in four, pur on a batting and binding I cut as big a circile as possible. Then it's use a decorative stitch in all the lin es of stitching, make the hold and bind. I hardly have any scraps left and can now go on to other things.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Tablerunner, Christmas stocking, lap quilt , baby quilt (not a Christmas goft but has to be done by then). Considering making purses for two of my nieces, age 18 and 23, maybe batiks - looking for input on this - do you think that age group would like them?
Oh - your kitty looks just like mine. Mine is a sweet little girl with extremely soft fur.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
So far i've gotten pillowcases done and i'm starting a oven dress.Those snap bags are wonderful.I've made so many of them.I make them up using two fat quarters and selling them at my local quilt store.I can't make them fast enough.
What are people using the snap bags for? And is an oven dress an apron?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Hey! I'm so curious.....what is an over dress? :shock:
Old 11-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie R
Table runner, placemats and table toppers if I can get my act together - I'm kind of stuck in the mud right now for some reason and can't seem to get moving on anything.
That's me too! I just can't get unstuck from the mud right now to get anything done! I'd be thrilled if I can finish top quilting Le Jardin quilt, then I can start on everything else.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Two daughters getting hand quilted queen size quilts. DIL getting quilted wall hanging of the Beatitudes. Two special friends may get lap quilts if I can get these others off the quilt frames and off the sewing tables! SHHHHHHH. Its a surprise.