Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for Christmas? >

What are you making for Christmas?

What are you making for Christmas?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 AM

I have several projects in the works.
I bought gold-threaded brown and black paisleys to enhance my good dishes. I am making 2 sets of table runners and matching napkins for me and my son's family.
Then, I have a huge cache of 1 1/2 squares in navy dotted swiss, goldish polished cotton, and white with navy for a lap quilt for my father-in-law (age 89.) I am searching for a cool pattern. So far I like a on-point, nine-patch with alternate plain blocks (since the dotted swiss also is bigger pieces.)
As soon as the quilting is done on the current project, a pre-printed patchwork teddy bears in denim blues that I am hand-quilting for longevity, I will begin. It is for my new grandson( Hunter-2 months old). I call these "drag-arounds." I give them to my grands to actually USE! I want them raggedy.
I also sorted out some pink,etc. squares that will be my granddaughter's quilt for her 12th birthday in August. Butterflies and flowers and looks like Easter egg colors.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

I haven't got a clue :( I have had so many unexpected expenses this past year, Christmas is going to be slim this year.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Originally Posted by Berta48
Originally Posted by maryb119
I'm making purses and table runners. I got a purse pattern in Des Moines at the AQS show and showed it to my mom. She tole me that all the other ladies in her coffee group had purses like that and it would make a gret gift. I made one and showed it to my girls. Now I have 4 more to make before I get one for me!!!! It will keep me busy.
Show us the pattern PLEASE :lol:
The pattern is called Bermuda Bag and it's by Pink Sand Beach Designs.
Thats the fabric I'm using to make my mom a king quilt :)
Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 AM

I have nothing "planned" to make, but usually end up rushing to do something that last couple of weeks.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM

3 quilts. 2 are done. I MUST get busy!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 PM

What am I making? Hopefully not too big of a mess! I have 3 quilts in the works, one of which has to be done by Thxgiving - a queen size and it's getting ready to be machine fm quilted. Another queen size is still being pieced together, and a 3rd is a paper piece masterpiece! It's going to be anyway, once I get it done! Then hopefully a wrestling paper piece for my boyfriend.....but I won't kill myself if that one's not done in time....
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

I want to make lots of stuff, pincushions, bags, quilts,pillow cases etc. Sofar all I got done was 2 twin quilts and I am in the middle of quilting an other one.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
I haven't got a clue :( I have had so many unexpected expenses this past year, Christmas is going to be slim this year.
Sorry and ))))Hugs(((( I know Christmas can feel overwhelming especially when finances are not too great. We all know it is not about gifts and money but when you have no money it is rotten.

If you have any stash and thread you can find cute free patterns online for pincushions and bags. One year I made these smart bags that had no batting. All my quilt buddies and some of my children got those. They were well liked as were humbug style bags with a little zipper. Those make nice gifts even for guys/boys and they do not take as much fabric. I found pillow cases more pricey to make as I had no yardage of the same fabric so I had to go out and buy.

Wishing you the best and praying for a change in your situation.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jdavis
The only thing I'm making (and it's only in the planning stages) is a quilted Christmas stocking made to look like my mother's broken ankle with cast, and toes sticking out. Her cast is purple. I'm thinking of using the crazy quilt idea.
I guess you'd call it a gag gift.
I hope you'll post a picture when you're finished. I'd love to see it!

Also, Cabinqltr posted a link for a tutorial for snap bags back on page 2 for those who missed it:
http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

Donna
Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 PM

well by tommorrow night I should be finished piecing the last of the 72 placemats, then I just have to quilt them.