Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you making for Christmas?

Pockets to go, an Atkinson Design. Great little totes. I have made one for my granddaughter and one for me, which holds all my medications... These would be great little totes to keep on hand when you have to pull out an unexpected gift.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. My intentions are to make 5 queen-sized quilts and at least 13 lap-sized quilts.

The status:

Queen-sized:
    2 - finished - just need labels
    2 - are quilted, awaiting binding and labels
    1 - is still in the piecing process, may be able to finish the top this week

Lap-sized:
    1 - quilted, awaiting binding and label
    4 - awaiting quilting
    8 - The pieces are cut out, but that's it. On the good side, they're all "Warm Wishes", so they should go together quickly.

On top of all that, I want to make myself some holiday things for the kitchen that we're remodeling. Placemats, potholders, towel hangers, etc. I do have the curtains made and the placemats pieced! :mrgreen:

Bad thing is, it's only like 49 days until Christmas ... :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Snap bags!!! Have done 15.
    me too. I've done a dozen so far. They are addictive.

Very cute!!!

Hi Kitsie! I've never seen a snap bag. They're cute! Could you post a tutuorial on how to make them, or tell me where to go to find directions? Thanks!

We are making carrying bags for Nooks, I pads and Kindles. I make them from prequilted fabric that I get at Wal-Mart which is really nice and half the price as Jo-Ann's. I changed a Lazy Girl pattern for a On the Go purse. Perfect size. Also I am trying a tube quilt that I saw on Missouri Star Quilt Co. tutorial.

Loved the bags, are they all the same size, if so would you share your instructions?

Thanks dear

The Nook and Kindle fit in the bag made according to the directions, The I Pad has to be made bigger. I will post the measurments and instructions (which I left at home) as soon as I get back. Its easy, only 3 cuts of material and a 9 in zipper which is very easy to install. I had never done a zipper before and had no trouble.

Table runners and maybe a wall hanging.

Sounds like this would be right down my alley. I'm not good with zippers, but I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks ever so much, I have been wondering what to do for the local school craft sale, we all make sewing items for this charity.

Loved the Snap Bag....stopped at the hardware store (because I forgot the dollar store part) Asked the storeclerk for the location of the metal measuring tape and he took me to the aisle.....and proceeds with a sales pitch on each feature and type....."No, thats not necessary- I'm just going to cut it up" The 3 men in that aisle stopped cold.......too funny.

This is really cute. Do you have a pattern for it? Would love to make some.

4 bow tuck mini purses and 2 lap quilts for friends and 10 purse caddies. They are removeable pocket purses that you can have all your stuff in and move from one purse to another. For women that change purses alot, I think that will be a great gift. Also do alot of baking the first week of Dec to give to neighbors and church friends.

when we first made these bags as purses, we included a matching tissue holder which we thought was a cute idea, but most people were buying them for their Nooks and Kindles so we changed the pattern which had a pocket on the back. We eliminated the pocket. Also the first ones were made with two layers of fabric with batting in between, now we use the prequilted. Much sturdier and more cushion in case you might drop you Nook. We sold over 50 at a craft fair for 20.00 each.

I'm making the 4 Seasons wall hangings. Have 20 to finish the binding for. And it is the hand work that takes me so long. I tried to talk hubby into helping, but all I got was THAT LOOK, like ARE YOU NUTS!!!!! Would like to post pictures, but I just got a new camera, and I don't know how long it will take me to figure that out!!!

MKING A LAP TOP QUILT, A FEW HANGINGS AND SOME TABLE RUNNERS......

HER'S MY FAVORITE HANGING.......11" HIGH,23" LONG

MY SQUIGGLY TREES
    Name:  Attachment-120178.jpe
Views: 65
Size:  46.3 KB

Two knitted shawls, many hats, wallhangings, wristwarmers - sorry girls, mostly knitting.

Blog Entries
    Is there a pattern on line for "snap bags"?

I am making less than I did last year, which was 8 large lap quilts and two king size bed quilts.

Work in progress; one twin size lap quilt, made for two, needs basting, quilting, binding. I am half way finished piecing my sons quilt, which is a chinese coin quilt.

Making another lap quilt large enough for two.

Placemats, 5 sets of 4, fabric is cut.

I need to get off of here and get busy.
    :lol: JulieM

Blog Entries
    Don't think I'm lazy or not caring, but this year after so many years of making quilts, afghans, sweaters, tote bags, etc I'm unable to do all that with my moving situation as it is, so, forgive me ladies, I'm giving money this year so they can do their own shopping.

placemats little wallhagings quilted this and quilted thats

Last year I got upset thinking off all the money we spend on toys and stuff and no one remembers what they received anymore, so I decided not to buy anything but to make all my presents to everyone for Christmas. It turned out to be the best Christmas we ever had, my son did the same and his gifts made some cry it was so beautiful. I always thought that gifts that were made for someone had so much more meaning and the love that goes into is priceless.

Here you go a tutorial for snap bags.
    http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

Have fun!!!! Ruth

Thanks, Ruth, I love those bags!

Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    Let's see... The sewing things are a Sweatshirt jacket, and Pj's. The non sewing things are binded photo books, glass overlayed ornaments and some with glitter inside with etching on the outside, Pop bottles filled with goodies, and a vinyl logo.
    Where did you find a pattern for a sweatshirt jacket? Are you actually sewing a sweatshirt jacket or are you making a jacket (decorated) out of a sweatshirt? I am looking for a pattern to use sweatshirts as a base and sew material srips onto them to make a more of a designer jacket. Is that what you;re making? If so, do you have a pattern? If so, where did you get it and what is it called?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast