Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite binding tool? >

What is your favorite binding tool?

What is your favorite binding tool?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I will be starting the turtorial tomorrow, Thrusday. I like my binding and don't mind doing them. Why spend $ on special tools. I do attach using my walking foot, and hand sew to the back. My only 'special' tools are the binding clips.
I am really looking forward to your tutorial and am thanking you in advance! :-)
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I don't use any special tool, just a couple of pins, small ruler and marking pencil. I get perfect corners every time and you can not tell where I started and ended, it looks just like any joining of strips. I will be giving a class in a few week, I will make a tutorial while preparing my samples for the class if anyone is interested.

ann
Hi Ann. I'm interested. Please?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

I don't have any tools, I wing it with a prayer and hope :D . God bless.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 PM

I don't use any special tool, just a couple of pins, small ruler and marking pencil. I get perfect corners every time and you can not tell where I started and ended, it looks just like any joining of strips. I will be giving a class in a few week, I will make a tutorial while preparing my samples for the class if anyone is interested.

ann
im interested
Old 08-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Banned

ann
YES ,YES PLEASE!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:37 AM

ann
I am interested :)
Old 08-26-2010, 06:04 AM

ann
Thank You Ann. That will be great I need all the help I can get.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 AM

I would like to have the tutorial also.

LauraBeth
Old 08-26-2010, 07:38 AM

Yes, I'm interested. Please give us a tutorial.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by cpfrog
Tools? I guess you could call the bendable "hair clips" tools. I use these to hold the binding instead of pins (OUCH!) while I'm hand sewing the folded edge to the back of the quilt.
Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know...I'll try to get more detailed. Also, I buy a large package of these clips at a discount store (K-Mart, Walmart, etc.); NOT the quilt store where they are a fortune!
I love using these clips. I bought mine in Walmart for about $3.00 for 30 of them. My DD saw me using them the other day and reminded me of when I used to use them to make fancy barrettes for her when she was a little girl to match every outfit she had.