Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Your Quilts Say About You >

What Your Quilts Say About You

What Your Quilts Say About You

Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 AM

I'm with others that like cahos and color. My favorites are crumb blocks and they take patience to handle tiny pieces that most people pitch. I would prefer just grabbing a strip out of the bag and adding it to the string blocks I make-only time I don't use it is if it already is in the block.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 AM

Mine say I'm a Jack of All Trades, but a master of none. I like doing it all. From Simple squares to very intricate paper piecing, to very scrappy to very traditional. Applique to embroidery. Mini's to Lap size (I can't do any larger) And every color under, over and in the rainbow. From cutesy to elegant. So what does that say about me....the brain is working all the time going round and round. No wonder I can't sleep.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:20 AM

I have been working almost obsessively on a crumb quilt, using pieces down to 3/4" sewing them together in an absolutely random manner. I guess this quilt says I am comfortable with chaos --and unwilling to throw away anything if I can get some use out of it.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:35 PM

I'm with Maraposa. Controlled scrappy w/ balance. I don't care for drab colors & love the large prints.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:39 PM

Forgot to say in the controlled scrappy area. I have to put my pieces into brown paper sacks by size & pull them out to sort of get The scrappier look, it seems to help me a little, but I still re pick from the sack when not happy w/ the one I chose 1st.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:51 PM

Yes, I seem to go for colorful quilts, often batiks. I would like to break out of my "mold" and make a quilt of soft, cozy looking colors and prints. I also worry about colors matching fairly closely but want to make a scrappy quilt soon out of just whatever scraps I have. I've enjoyed reading all the responses to your question.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:43 PM

I was shopping with friends when one picked up some fabric and said, this looks like and called my name. So I guess certain fabrics have become my trademark. From the first quilt, I have evolved from tightly controlled, to letting loose and trying color combinations that would have made me faint two years ago. And I like them!! I do tend to like symmetry and love stack and whack because of the precision and wonderful combinations that can be made by using one fabric. Enjoying this thread. Just read KLGreene's comment and I so can relate. I wake up planning the next quilt and how I can get something to work.

Last edited by Quilter 65; 01-03-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 PM

Well I love making crazy quilts, and scrappy quilts are some of my favourite. my last 4 have been scrappy so I guess my quilts would say I'm eclectic!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 AM

I think mine say i like adventure and novelty, but not danger. And that right now i am in a safety zone. Color has no boundaries but i won't do a complex pattern. Lack of confidence in my technical skills, perhaps. The fact that i quilt at all says that I am interested in warmth , comfort and nurturing.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:44 AM

My projects are colorful (brights) fun, themes (novelty prints). I always tell,people that I don't make "serious" quilts. I prefer to have fun with my sewing/piecing. While my sewing room can look scrappy....i am not a scrappy quilter. It stops me in my tracks. I prefer having a plan. I am not a designer but Imam not afraid to alter patterns at times.

so...my personality is fun, great sense of wicked humor, outgoing, positive outlook. I do not dwell or obsess on the negative. Life is too short to be dragged down.

sandy