Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your sewing goals for today? >

What are your sewing goals for today?

What are your sewing goals for today?

Old 10-17-2010, 10:40 AM

Gran,

I'm with you - imagine what we could accomplish if life didn't get in the way? I am hoping to hit the machine once I get the other stuff I have to finish out of the way. Went shopping this morning, so we have food to eat again, have been doing laundry all weekend and hope the end is in site, and have to badger the rest of my family to do their part. Of course, I have to get off the QB and that is never a certainty!! :-D

Good luck to everyone accomplishing at least one quilting project or part today!!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 AM

I am working on my oldest Daughter's wedding dress. Doing the bustle and adding tulle so it won't be quite so long. Wedding is in 3 weeks, can't wait. :-)
Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 AM

Well some of you are awful energetic sounding with all of your expectations for one day. Almost makes me sweat just thinking about it. Ha Ha I guess I'm a little more down to earth hoping to make a quilt square to practice my fmq so that I can finish my baby quilt for our GD. Then maybe I'll clean the bathroom and make supper.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 AM

I am doing some hand sewing while watching the Packer game. Then I have more food fabric to cut for a picnic scrap quilt that DD will raffle off for the Giving Tree. After that I will make supper, if I have time! If not, it's up for grabs again.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ashlett
I have put two quilts together ready to quilt. They are for my two eldest grand-sons. I have done a roast, cleaned out my hens and fed 6 ponies. Sunday night I watch telly. :-)
ashlett, your life sounds so charming and uncomplicated! Adopt me!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-17-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by grammyp
Ok, reading your list has made me tired. Think I will take a nap now. My goal is to get my machine back in it's cabinet and make some blocks for an exchange. Then maybe some chocolate.
Yah, my list made me tired too. I did get my laundry done and hung on drying racks on my deck. Ran out of room. I finished another QFK, one more to go, but not today. Got a runner top together and can't find my new can of basting spray. Walked past my 55 gal. fish tank and saw that my 12" long rainbow cichlid I have had for over 5 years, since he was the size of a quarter, is on deaths door step. So my energetic list has hit a brick wall. I think it is "wine o'clock" and time for a break. Don't you just hate it when somebody throws a monkey wrench in great plans?!?!?!
Oh No! I hope your fish will be ok....do you have other cichlids in the tank? sometimes they'll gang up on one, or if mating, the female will kill off the male. at any rate, I hope he'll be ok. Yes, that's life, best laid plans go awry! At least you've gotten a few things done from your ambitious list!
Kind Regars,
MaryAnna
Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Ok, reading your list has made me tired. Think I will take a nap now. My goal is to get my machine back in it's cabinet and make some blocks for an exchange. Then maybe some chocolate.
Yah, my list made me tired too. I did get my laundry done and hung on drying racks on my deck. Ran out of room. I finished another QFK, one more to go, but not today. Got a runner top together and can't find my new can of basting spray. Walked past my 55 gal. fish tank and saw that my 12" long rainbow cichlid I have had for over 5 years, since he was the size of a quarter, is on deaths door step. So my energetic list has hit a brick wall. I think it is "wine o'clock" and time for a break. Don't you just hate it when somebody throws a monkey wrench in great plans?!?!?!
Oh No! I hope your fish will be ok....do you have other cichlids in the tank? sometimes they'll gang up on one, or if mating, the female will kill off the male. at any rate, I hope he'll be ok. Yes, that's life, best laid plans go awry! At least you've gotten a few things done from your ambitious list!
Kind Regars,
MaryAnna
No, sadly he looks like he is rotting from the outside in. He is just laying on the bottom of the tank looking very sad. He has a tank mate, a chocolate plecostamus that is about 14" long. They are buddies. I have another tank in my sewing room in the basement that will be dismantled when "Howard" dies. I have an upside down catfish that can't live with Howard, and a couple gouramis, and another pleco that my daughter gave me when she cleared out her tank. The fish's name is Howard Huge; my DGK's named him. My day is done now. I just had to go over to my daughter's house with a house key because my SIL and DGS locked themselves out. Good time to call this day a total loss.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:09 PM

Kind Regars,
MaryAnna
No, sadly he looks like he is rotting from the outside in. He is just laying on the bottom of the tank looking very sad. He has a tank mate, a chocolate plecostamus that is about 14" long. They are buddies. I have another tank in my sewing room in the basement that will be dismantled when "Howard" dies. I have an upside down catfish that can't live with Howard, and a couple gouramis, and another pleco that my daughter gave me when she cleared out her tank. The fish's name is Howard Huge; my DGK's named him. My day is done now. I just had to go over to my daughter's house with a house key because my SIL and DGS locked themselves out. Good time to call this day a total loss.
Oh how sad, I'm sorry for your loss! It's never easy no matter the species! Sounds like it's time to call it a day.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 10-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Kind Regars,
MaryAnna
Oh how sad, I'm sorry for your loss! It's never easy no matter the species! Sounds like it's time to call it a day.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Thanks, MaryAnna. It really seems silly to feel sad about a fish, but when you think of how relaxing they are to watch. And my grandkids just love him. He played games with them. One girl would go to the end of the tank and put her face up to it and he would swim really fast across the tank and bang into the glass. Then the other girl would do that at the other end of the tank and he'd swim at her too. And he would tell me when he was hungry. He looked like he was talking, with his mouth going open & closed and bobbing his head up and down. Here is a not so good picture of him with his tank buddy. Note how all his "toys" are piled in the corner.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113877.jpe  
Old 10-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Family here all weekend to celebrate daughter's 44th birthday, so no sewing for me!