Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your suggestions for a 1st timer to Paducah? >

What are your suggestions for a 1st timer to Paducah?

What are your suggestions for a 1st timer to Paducah?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:13 PM

Most of the vendors don't allow cameras either.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Last year a vendor got very mad when she spotted a lady with a note pad and pen outside her booth. She said it wasn't allowed as the person could draw the vendor quilt patterns that were on display. Many vendor booths have a no pen and paper allowed notice and a few will not allow a customer to stand and stare too long at any one quilt on display in the shop. One vendor said they could memorize the pattern. :roll: I witnessed this by overhearing the vendor tell her helper to go interrupt the lady looking too long at the displayed quilt. I didn't give the vendors that had over the top rules posted any of my money. 8-)
Gosh, paranoid much? So you can look just long enough to decide you like what you see, but not long enough to remember how the quilt goes together? Don't they realize they sell patterns to those who want the quilt all spelled out for them, every detail, but there will always be do-it-yourselfers who gather "ideas" and put them together themselves? So sell those people something else, like fabric! I wouldn't patronize a vender with that attitude. Sounds like they need to be reminded that you catch more flies with honey...

I actually don't think it's constitutional to tell someone they can't write on paper or in a notebook, anywhere! It's no one's business if you choose to stop and write something down for your own purposes, and who's to say what your are even writing! I would definitely plan to ignor any "no paper and pencil" rules.

What will they want you to do next, shop blindfolded? :roll:
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
Most of the vendors don't allow cameras either.
Cameras, I understand. Lots of museums don't allow cameras, either... but no one has the right to tell you you can't draw or write whatever you want to on your own pad of paper, whenever you may wish to... That's over the line, IMO. If I saw such a sign posted on a booth, I'd pass it right on by and spend my dollars elsewhere.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 AM

I must for sure!!! LOL Loved their strawberry short cake. I wanted some of the lemonaid from another vendor...but it was such bad weather on the last day most of the food vendors left. I'm not going this year...boooo!!! but maybe next year. As to the question about rolling cases...they didn't allow them. We had one with us but didn't take it in. I did see some but they weren't suppose to have them.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

As far as I know the Exective Inn is no more..it was leveled!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

As far as I know the Exective Inn is no more..it was leveled!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Don't miss Elanor Burns's show. It fun and free. The free jitney will take you there. Also the Rotary usually has very nice antique quilts. Elenor has $4 dollar fabric in her tents.
There is a hurt book stoe that AQS has. Great buys.
Have fun, I will be there also.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 AM

The town that is about 20 miles away is called Grand Rivers. There is a good place to eat there also called Patti's. They are famous for their 1 inch thick pork chops that are grilled. Wonderful!!! Also, don't forget to go to the Rotary. They have a mini quilt show as well as some really good vendors. So many places and so little time! I spend the week there with some friends and we have a blast. Also, someone asked if wheeled carts are allowed at the quilt show, and the answer is NO. They get in the way and folks trip over them. You can check your parcels at the quilt show though, so can check the wheeled carts as well. Have fun!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 AM

The town that is about 20 miles away is called Grand Rivers. There is a good place to eat there also called Patti's. They are famous for their 1 inch thick pork chops that are grilled. Wonderful!!! Also, don't forget to go to the Rotary. They have a mini quilt show as well as some really good vendors. So many places and so little time! I spend the week there with some friends and we have a blast. Also, someone asked if wheeled carts are allowed at the quilt show, and the answer is NO. They get in the way and folks trip over them. You can check your parcels at the quilt show though, so can check the wheeled carts as well. Have fun!