Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's everyone working on? Need inspiration today... >

What's everyone working on? Need inspiration today...

What's everyone working on? Need inspiration today...

Old 08-07-2015, 06:47 AM

Just finished putting together a lap size quilt for my sofa, its hanging on my design wall till I decide on a quilting pattern for it. Have a oversized baby quilt under it still waiting for a quilting pattern layout. Have 30disappearing hourglass blocks sitting on the side of the cutting table waiting to be put together for another over sized lap quilt for a lady I know down in Florida. Have a large quilt on the frame in the middle of quilting it. The top border took over an hour of robotic quilting so you can imagine how long this quilt it taking me to finish up. 9 rows of blocks and each block takes 10 minutes to quilt. But its coming out nice so I'm happy. Also have a pattern I altered for a neighbor for a pair of gaucho pants she wants made. Couldn't work on them yesterday as I was up to my neck making tomato sauce. 10 quarts.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Hi, Huskyquilter; I am working on handbags and totebags that I got from the pellon interfacing website in their projects section.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:29 AM

I was going to start mu DD's quilt for her Christmas gift today but DGD called me yesterday and ask if I was going to make her some dresses for her starting school. So out comes my patterns and fabrics for her some dresses. Then I can start on the quilt.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:07 AM

I am still working on a mystery BOM that finished last month. I am going to try to finish that and then work on my laptop case.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Great quilt for a little boy. Right now I'm trying to get back to quilting after a hiatus due to a right shoulder replacement and the months leading up to it, except for making a queen size top for our family reunion raffle quilt July 4th weekend. I'm working on a pieced and appliqued baby quilt that may go to a friend's daughter for her baby shower Aug. 22, if I can have the top done in time, or to just go ahead, sandwich and quilt a crib size quilt top I've already finished, either way those are my two major projects, then I'm going to be making bags, zippered pouches and other items for a craft fair in early Nov. - trying to make up for lost time.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:26 PM

I'm working on a Hoot's Hollow quilt for a dear friend who loves owls. It's all made from 2.5" squares and appliqued panels. I finished the second panel today and am working on the rows of squares that bring it up to the next full row. There is one more panel before the borders with more applique. It's going fairly quickly and I have some fun ideas on how to quilt it. It's my friends very first quilt & she just lost her mom, so I'm trying to make it really special. So far, she absolutely loves it. :-) I've been giving her updates as I make headway to give her something to look forward to. She's really excited!!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:35 PM

I have an I Spy for the 7yr old DGS on my design wall--everything is cut and blocks sashed and ready to sew together--but ran out of the yellow to finish the inner border and trying to use fabric I had--so to the LQS tomorrow to find something that blends--only need about 1/4 of yd! Also have an I Spy all cut for 2yr old DGS--no fabric shortage there. Both are Christmas presents. Hope I have time to make 6 pairs of felted wool mittens and microwave bowl sets for extended family for Christmas & quilted bears for 3 DGS, too. Then there's the "nightmare" Storm at Sea for my DD! Plus have at least 1 customer quilt to get done before a trip to Ireland next month.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:46 PM

I finally got enough pixel heart blocks put together for a quilt.

Five of the blocks are quilted and I finished cutting batting and backing for the 25 that are left.

Each block has 289 1.5" squares in it-verrrry time consuming and tedious.

Hearts are varying shades of red and pink prints on a black background. The heart area is quilted in pink variegated thread. The background is quilted with black. It is QAYG.

I goofed around with FMQ but I chickened out because I'm not good at it and need lots of practice.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:49 PM

LadyJane-I love your DWR with jungle fabrics.

That looks really neat!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:04 PM

I'm putting the final borders on a 50th anniversary quilt from our (DH and me) anniversary party. It's been fun but I've put the blocks together wrong way up at least twice. The end for the top is in sight.