Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's a good Embroidery Machine >

What's a good Embroidery Machine

What's a good Embroidery Machine

Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 PM

I'll have to see where we can get a Janome around here. Connie? do you know? Connie (ConnieQuilts) is also looking for a machine...her regular sewing machine just went out so she might be getting a newer one sooner than expected.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 PM

I bought a Viking D1 (used) for $1000. I love it! It has the floppy and it works great. It had very few hours on it. More than I wanted to spend but they let me lay it away for 3 months.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I'll have to see where we can get a Janome around here. Connie? do you know? Connie (ConnieQuilts) is also looking for a machine...her regular sewing machine just went out so she might be getting a newer one sooner than expected.
hmmph - I don't know for sure B. I know I saw a shop in Paducah (road trip haha). I will ask when I take my machine in if that lady knows of anything.

I am tired of getting machines at Joanns - if you know what I mean :(
Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
hmmph - I don't know for sure B. I know I saw a shop in Paducah (road trip haha). I will ask when I take my machine in if that lady knows of anything.

I am tired of getting machines at Joanns - if you know what I mean :(
I can understand that since your track record hasn't been the greatest with them. *I* haven't had any problems but you quilt more than I do. Remind me to ask Diane J. also. She might know.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 PM

Ive got a Janome 300E and I think you can pick them up on ebay for US$600. ITs an embroidery only machine.
I was told about the only difference between a 350E and a 300E was the usb port (and the price) That was why I got the 300E.

But then you have to get the card, and card adaptor for it, and I also had to get a reader/writer converter for my laptop as my laptop doesnt take Flash cards. All up, for the cards and adaptors also off ebay came to about $22.

You get 2 size hoops with this machine, and oyu cna purchase bigger or smaller ones seperately.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM

I have a Brother PE-780D -- if you get the PE-770 it would start at about $800 - the difference is that my machine does disney desgins, and the 770 doesn't.

I got it at a shop in Greensburg PA -- and I won't ever go back to buying machines "off the shelf" again. The girls at that shop have gone ABOVE and BEYOND to help me in whatever way I needed to get me started and confident using my machine.

I started by internet researching - that's how I decided on a Brother -- the closest shop (my shop now!) is an hour and 20 minutes away, but I still wouldn't drive the 20 minutes to the "box store" to get a machine now.

Look at all the manufacter's websites, make a list of what you want, which machines have what you want, then search out those machine's dealers near you.

Yes, it's about the machine, but it's just as much about where you buy it and how helpful that place is when you have questions.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Hello,
Brother SE400 is a great machine and it afordable it has a USB cable to conect to your computer to do updates and add diffrent embroidery patterns and fonts and such. It also still does sewing. You can find it online at http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp24714-0068.html

Another great 1 is Singer Viking White 4400
http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp09631-0068.html
This machine is also afordable and has a lot more functions and also has the USB cable and a card reader slot. I may order this machine for myself soon :)

I hope I helped out! Good luck!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
I have a Brother PE-780D -- if you get the PE-770 it would start at about $800 - the difference is that my machine does disney desgins, and the 770 doesn't.

I got it at a shop in Greensburg PA -- and I won't ever go back to buying machines "off the shelf" again. The girls at that shop have gone ABOVE and BEYOND to help me in whatever way I needed to get me started and confident using my machine.

I started by internet researching - that's how I decided on a Brother -- the closest shop (my shop now!) is an hour and 20 minutes away, but I still wouldn't drive the 20 minutes to the "box store" to get a machine now.

Look at all the manufacter's websites, make a list of what you want, which machines have what you want, then search out those machine's dealers near you.

Yes, it's about the machine, but it's just as much about where you buy it and how helpful that place is when you have questions.
What shop in Greensburg, PA? I live in Indiana, PA and in a few months will be getting an embroidery machine. I don't want to buy online. With my klutziness with machines, I know I will need to buy it from someone who will answer my questions. TIA
Old 07-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

What shop in Greensburg, PA? I live in Indiana, PA and in a few months will be getting an embroidery machine. I don't want to buy online. With my klutziness with machines, I know I will need to buy it from someone who will answer my questions. TIA
It's called "The Stitch in Time Shoppe" and it's in the Gabriel Brothers Plaza next to the GreenGate Plaza (where JoAnn's is)

Seriously, those girls are worth my drive!! Here's the website: http://www.thestitchintimeshoppe.com/index.html
Old 07-08-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joeysnana

It's called "The Stitch in Time Shoppe" and it's in the Gabriel Brothers Plaza next to the GreenGate Plaza (where JoAnn's is)

Seriously, those girls are worth my drive!! Here's the website: http://www.thestitchintimeshoppe.com/index.html
Thanks so much. I only live about an hour from there and will definitely visit them!