Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the issue with Purple? >

What's the issue with Purple?

What's the issue with Purple?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

I absolutely loves purple! Yes, they can be hard to find. I looked in my stash, and found that good pinks are hard to find also. Pure, clear ones. Not muddy. Guess we can just check those fabric sites for our treasures! :)
Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

I like purple too, but I have very little of it in my stash. I look for it when I buy, but you're right that it doesn't seem to be "in" right now.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:55 AM

SO sooorrrryyyy ... I bought it all!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic
SO sooorrrryyyy ... I bought it all!

BOO Hoo that was tacky of you lol
Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 AM

Love purple. One of my daughters also loves purple so when my LQS recently had a 25% off sale quess what I bought.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 AM

I just mailed all my pink and purple to a fellow quilter I met on the board. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, especially lavender. I DO like the deep purples though and they look great with the green, orange and beige.

If you want orange, shop at this time of year. I recently went to Sew Bee It in Ringgold, Ga. on the way home from seeing our daughter and bought scads of orange and Thanksgiving fabric.

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Originally Posted by Dagny
If you think there's a shortage of purple, try looking for orange.
LOL! :D

I'm one that doesn't look for purple AT ALL. I think I've got 1/2 yard of it. But orange? Hook me up with some orange any day! :D
Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM

I just mailed all my pink and purple to a fellow quilter I met on the board. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, especially lavender. I DO like the deep purples though and they look great with the green, orange and beige.

If you want orange, shop at this time of year. I recently went to Sew Bee It in Ringgold, Ga. on the way home from seeing our daughter and bought scads of orange and Thanksgiving fabric. That is the most gorgeous shop I have EVER seen.

I'm one that doesn't look for purple AT ALL. I think I've got 1/2 yard of it. But orange? Hook me up with some orange any day! :D
Old 04-17-2011, 06:01 AM

Probably because it is the favorite of so many people that they buy it out first. I have a friend who says that pruple is the new neutral. She wears purple every single day, she is also a dyer and even tye dyes her underwear purple, her poor husband....
Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee

If you want orange, shop at this time of year. I recently went to Sew Bee It in Ringgold, Ga. on the way home from seeing our daughter and bought scads of orange and Thanksgiving fabric.

Now I am just the opposite. I don't care for mostorange shades, but I love all shades of purple, froom lilac, lavendar to deep purples. I wish I knew you were getting rid of your purples. But whoever you mailed them too I want to see some pic. of items made please.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by OHSue
Probably because it is the favorite of so many people that they buy it out first. I have a friend who says that pruple is the new neutral. She wears purple every single day, she is also a dyer and even tye dyes her underwear purple, her poor husband....
I hope she doesn't tiedye his underwear too! lol