Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made? >

What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made?

What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made?

Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by colwoods
I made a tote bag out of a pair of jeans that my son had worn out the legs. I cut them off just below the zipper and used one of the legs to make the handles and sewed the zipper shut. He is a high school math teacher and frequently has to bring papers home to grade so the tote bag was perfect for that. He said he had a lot of fun with it.
to date, I've probably made a 100 or so tote bags from pants, some from skirts. Could be more. I never kept count.
I made a bocce ball bag from a pair of boy's Jeans. The balls fit in the legs and the top part. There is a handle for carrying. I added a zipper to close the top and keep the bocce balls in. Easy to carry to picnics!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by JudyMN
Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by colwoods
I made a tote bag out of a pair of jeans that my son had worn out the legs. I cut them off just below the zipper and used one of the legs to make the handles and sewed the zipper shut. He is a high school math teacher and frequently has to bring papers home to grade so the tote bag was perfect for that. He said he had a lot of fun with it.
to date, I've probably made a 100 or so tote bags from pants, some from skirts. Could be more. I never kept count.
I made a bocce ball bag from a pair of boy's Jeans. The balls fit in the legs and the top part. There is a handle for carrying. I added a zipper to close the top and keep the bocce balls in. Easy to carry to picnics!
Pants stuffed with balls.....too funny and a great idea, but so funny!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Years ago when I lived in Wichita, KS, I was asked to make the mascot costume for the basketball games for Wichita State University. He was a WUshock (like a shock of wheat). Turned out OK I guess. they paid me well and it was fun seeing it during the games on TV.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM

My DH uses a Cpap and I made a cover for the hose. I even put a fringe on it
Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 PM

Ok its not a sewing project but a crocheted one. made a Willy warmer LOL!!! It was a joke for a solider in Afghanstain. He was complaining how cold he was getting in the mountains there. so>>>>> :lol:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonrise
I probably better not post the exact details, but I've made a few adult-themed gag gifts in the past! :shock: :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

Well, I don't know how unusual it is (because I know I'm not the only one) but I made my son some boxer shorts.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

I made a bocce ball bag from a pair of boy's Jeans. The balls fit in the legs and the top part. There is a handle for carrying. I added a zipper to close the top and keep the bocce balls in. Easy to carry to picnics![/quote]

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for the tip. Great idea. I have two games worth of boche balls climbing out of their pathetic bags they came in. Hahaha I will now get them under controll.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:08 PM

My husband had a pocket watch (digital) and I made him a little case for it with a little window so he didn't have to slide the watch out to see the time (hard to describe). He also asked me to make him a "Sunday bag" to carry a few golf clubs when he's at the driving range and doesn't want to carry the whole set of clubs. The last "weird" thing I made was a mail bag for a mail slot we put in our garage door. We hang this "bag" from the slot and the mail just falls into it if we are out of town a few days.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

My soninlaw was going to school to be a chiropractor and they were going to Nepal to do hands on stuff. He had a collapsible exam table and he needed a case to cover it with. So I made a denim type fabric suitcase case for it. My own design just going by the measurements of the table. I had to accomodate the handle and some of the pedals on the table. It looked really good. It did wear pretty well too.