Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

I have a few UFOs to finish. I want to use up my scraps before having more this year, so I'm going to sew scraps into big squares and make patchwork square quilts until all the scraps are used.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 PM

I am making 3 quilts for staff at my son's school. My son has muscular dystrophy. He is doing quite well and you could not yet even tell he has MD. Last year, I gave quilts to his teacher, PT and OT. I have to find something different to give the PT and OT this year. He has a general education teacher and 2 inclusion special education teachers who push in for language arts and math. They will get quilts. I have one quilt top almost complete and 2 more to plan and create.

I am going to follow along a medallion BOM and another BOM on this forum

My mom gave me two radically different jelly rolls (one with civil war fabric and one with bright colors… yellow, purple, turquoise, etc). I want to make those quilts too.

I also have started and stalled out on the 50 fabulous paper pieced stars. I want to resume work on that quilt.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:01 PM

i just strated a dutch rose/swoon block quilt for my aunt.

i am not thrilled with the colours, but since i am giving it away and she seemed to be completely unwilling to state an opinion about anything, i'll get it done and then towards the end of january i have2 commissions coming i think. one will be a frank lloyd wright-esque stained glass piece for an arts and crafts style house and the other a very traditional quilt done mostly in toiles i think.

i also have the floral quilt to machine quilt and the lone star to begin hand quilting.....man. now that i wrote that out it seems i have a lot to do!

aileen
Old 12-27-2013, 07:11 PM

too many UFOs I need to finish.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Merry Mayhem 2014 New Year's Day Mystery quilt: I'm doing that one too--I've finished the pre-cutting and making the 240(!!) half-triangle pairs.

Last edited by hray; 12-27-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Posted to end of thread, not to particular post where it belonged.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Oh I wish I wish I wish I could just dive into one of the mystery quilts or one of the half dozen ideas I have percolating in my head.

I absolutely MUST finish DGD#2's big girl quilt. (I have realized that I just do. not. enjoy. quilting anything larger than a crib quilt on my DSM) Then DD has asked me for a 'quick' baby boy quilt (going to do a warm wishes) and THEN I have all the fabric for a king sized Magic square quilt for my DH's niece as a wedding present. (she gave up 2 months of her life to nanny my grandkids when SIL had super major surgery last year and this is the very least I can do to show our gratitude) That MUST be done by July.

Plus I work part time and we live on an acreage and DH usually travels so I am the one doing most of yard stuff including snowblowing. I never seem to have enough time to spend in my sewing room. Sigh.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:03 PM

I just washed my wool-blend fabrics today. Will begin a quilt for me with them tomorrow!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 AM

The first thing on my list is to organize my sewing room, the Christmas " rush " has made it look like several tornados ran wild in here, so before I can actually MAKE anything , I have to FIND everything !

After that I am going to make something for ME ! I spent the last few months on everyone else, so I am going to be selfish LOL !
Old 12-28-2013, 05:26 AM

I'm joining Judy's Mystery Quilt that begins in 2014. Plus, I have at least 5 UFOs to get done. Then I can breathe again.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
Christmas doesn't play into how I quilt, very much. I'll continue with what I've been contemplating all along. Cleaning up old projects, continuing to be excited by new stuff i see every day. I would like to follow a few things through to the end this year. it's hard for me to plan things out very far. Messes with my whimsy.
teeheehee -- just have to give this a giggle! You put it a lot better than I could have said it. That is ME to a T !