Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Since I am having hip replacement surgery on Feb 7, I plan to have a few things finished to the point of handwork. Not sure how long it will be before I am able to get back to "normal" quilting routine.

I have a king I am working on hand quilting that likely won't be finished by then, so that will be the first to complete. Then I want to get a start on a quilt for my youngest son....potential wedding gift. He and his lady have been together for about 3 years now. I hope they last...she is such a sweetheart, we all love her.

AND....I am hoping to at least get a start on the quilt for our bed this year. I have only had the fabric for quilt and curtains for about 6 or 7 years!!! LOL (Don't want to rush into anything, ya know? hehehe)

I'm sure I will find lots of projects as the year progresses.

Whatever we all work on, it is so nice to know there is so much support here whenever we need it!!! I love you all.

Patti
Old 12-25-2010, 12:13 PM

I've been stockpiling quilt tops this past year and hoped to take a few days off work and quilt some. A few are small and a few are quite large. I have 4 for children. Never know when someone I work with or know will be having a baby and I'm out of finished ones, so I should finish a couple to have on hand. I've been practicing feathers on my longarm and have one or two that may be sporting some very soon......lol. I also want to try some sweatshirt things and if it works you'll be seeing some pics of those too. I have plenty of ideas on what I want to work on, now if my energy holds up I might just be able to do some.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 AM

I'm finally getting around to getting the specifics on comfort quilts for an Alzheimer's study group. Then I have to get two quilts finished up for them.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:56 AM

I'm presently trying to add color to the most boring bear panel I've ever seen, I have a long list of small items to make for next Christmas and I want to make a lap robe for our DSIL who has been so good about my daughters' quilt with purple & magenta which he really feels are "girly" colors. LOL!! I may try my hand at a french braid in earthy colors for him, just to show him I do care. :-)